a didnt go

by the mole 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the mole
    the mole

what do all think? did i excercise my right to freedom or took another step of denying my family to see their kin? my mom this morning and asked why i didnt go to my sister and see my uncle give his first hour talk? i told her my son had karate class and we were too tired to drive for an hour to my sister..mom gave me her disappointment advice to me..i explained to the kids why i didnt feel right about going and my 16 yr old daughter said she understood. so another step has been taken...

• codeblue
    codeblue

well...sounds to me you exercised your right to be who you are...And remember, you have the right to make your decisions.

If your family wants to see you so much, invite them all to your house for a nice bbq....to make up for not being able to come on a day that wasn't convenient for you to travel.

CodeBlue

• simplesally
    simplesally

Surprised she didn't mention anything about the karate class.............

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Next time mom gives the ol' guilt trip speech, why not ask her if the roads from her house to yours are mysteriously blocked? I mean, SHE could be the one making the hour long trek, unless the roads are blocked by some mysterious WT angel prohibiting her!

As for missing the first one hour talk... well, life just happens sometimes, doesn't it? We DO have our own lives, no? Sorry you got the guilt trip speech!

Good for you, standing up for yourself!

EyeDrEvil

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

hi mole : glad to see yiou are putting your kids first and not letting , them guilt you into hearing some hour long talk on how to worship the wts. it's been a long time since the sl guest book. wishing you the best.. john

• Sassy
    Sassy

each step is difficult..but they do seem to get easier as we keep making them..

hang in there mole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit