Time! Where do you find it?

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

My hubby and I were trying to put together a reasonable schedule once. We had meeting on Sunday, Ministry School on Tuesday, Book Study on Wednesday and Service on Saturday.

Ok we have the Watchtower before the Sunday meeting that needs to be read, all the scriptures looked up and hidden definitions to research, same with the book study, the service meeting and if you had a part on the school, you had to spend time putting that together. We had to take notes at our meeting and review those at a later time. Have a family study, our personal Bible study and separate studies with your children, of varying ages--read the bible daily and of course, dont forget your daily text.

Next we had to make sure that we kept our houses clean and our cars and our yards immaculate. Hold down a full time job and other tasks like grocery shopping, helping kids with homework, laundry, cooking dinner, teachers, dentist, doctors....I could go on an on.

What was your experience with all this? Did you ever just feel burnt?

Then I would do to an assembly and hear about a woman with no arms and no legs, an iron lung, 10 kids and full time job at night was able to put in a 100 hours of service each month. These kinds of talks were never encouraging...only made me feel like I never measured up.

• Valis
    Valis

Hi CLV.... I think that doing this for several generations really nueters a family's ability to really be just that. There is no focus on what I would call real family time, not JW "family time" where the word theocratic and meetings is slipped in and basically molds your life.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Brummie
    Brummie

The sister with the iron lung has become quite an icon for JWs en it.

They dont want you to have time to think, thinking things through leads to a drop in numbers and that aint allowed so they keep you busier, better to be burnt out than a freethinking apastate.

Brummie.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    These kinds of talks were never encouraging...only made me feel like I never measured up.

That is the whole purpose of these talks.You are not doing enough...you can never be doing enough.Look at how these poor unfortuate people who are way worse off (throw in iron lung here) are doing. Don't you fell ashamed of yourself.Come on ...pick up the pace ...after all the big "A" is only a matter of a few weeks or months away now.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Time! Where do you find it?

I just glance at my wristwatch, and there it is!

• JH
    JH

You ask," where did I find the time"?

Once you realize that all they want is to take up all of your time, then you must think for yourself and miss a few meetings in order to catch up with life and do what needs to be done.

At first I went to all the meetings, but after a while, I found it acceptable to miss a meeting a week and that's what I did in order to catch up with what I wanted to do.

5 meetings a week is way too much. Add field service on top of that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit