JW meeting - after leaving for a while

by mineralogist 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

We'll be at the meeting on sunday with old JW friends (of a different congo). It'll be the visit of the CO we missed due to an apostata fest

What is strange: i tried to prepare for the WT-Study and could hardly go through the heading scripture (wonder how blondie does it every week)

Did some of you ever tried to "pre-study" and how did you manage it? For me it is only some months of not attending and i have been so upset by those thoughts of intoctrination - i hardly can stand.

We do it - i hope - just to give a good (un)witness

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    It'll be the visit of the CO we missed due to an apostata fest

Lol ! Will you tell them that?

i know what you mean about the borg, once your eyes have been opened . You cannot un learn what you have recently learned

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

I'm sure at least th CO knows of it. Two elders met me and talked about the meeting (i thought it'll be about the UN thingy i asked them) and the PO said "you know, heaven sees all"

I'm not quite sure if we are gonna tell them about our status - they both are grown up "in the truth" - so we'll see.

• mustang
    mustang

A couple years ago somebody was sending me "care packages" just before the Memorial. One year I got a copy of the latest "Daniel book". It came with a SCHEDULE of the Book Study progress expected!!!

I was very curious and got out the "Your Will" book (1958) that had famously launched the KON/KOS discussions of the 60's decade. I rapidly skimmed & re-read the "YW" to refresh myself. Then I did a "comparative anatomy" against the new book. I more or less "synchronized" the 2 books and then settled down to read the obviously updated last few chapters.

The results: some updates for recent historical changes and the "I/we dunno", "we'll not venture a guess & leave it hanging" anti-climactic stance was found in the closing. And I did the whole examination in two nights, as opposed to 6 months or more from the suggested SHED-YULE.

I think that if you are motivated to find a specific point, you can wade through and tolerate it. But, if you have done it for 20 years, "more of the same" becomes mind-numbing mush.

Mustang

"Boringgggg" Class

• blondie
    blondie
    What is strange: i tried to prepare for the WT-Study and could hardly go through the heading scripture (wonder how blondie does it every week)

Blondie does it stages. First I highlight a few points when I first read it. A week before, I circle buzzwords and star important sentences with a few notes as to what to research. Then I do about 3 or 4 paragraphs a night, researching previous statements/positions. Then I take a break and read my Steven Hassan books, Donald dHaene's book, or a nice murder mystery for a reward.

It does get hard and recently I am glad to do abbreviated versions.

I always ask myself, "What are they really saying?"

Side note: Yes, he sees all, even what the PO is doing and thinking.

Blondie

• Quotes
    Quotes

OK, Blondie, that explains how you do it.

Now tell use why you do it. (Or point to a thread with this if you've already discussed it).

BTW, BLondie, you are a champ!

• blondie
    blondie

Why---because I read so many comments from those who say it helps them, or helps them to help others, or they find some "enjoyment" from it. As long as my viewership averages around 300 or more I will keep doing it and as long as my magazine source continues.

I love everyone's comments!

Blondie

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I always ask myself, "What are they really saying?"

You are great.You have a way of getting through the double talk or double think that is used so often in the mags. I enjoy reading the summary of the REAL TRUTH that you present. Keep it up if you can. I believe it has helped many to get their eyes opened to the real truth.

POZ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit