catholic church

by prgirl79 7 Replies latest jw friends

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

Hi well here in Massachusetts where I live they were announcing Catholilc churches that would be closed, due to lack of priests, and financial difficulties due to the lawsuits. I was thinking about JW's and how they like this, they talk about look at the Catholic Church and what they do. I am not defending the Catholic church, but used to get pissed when my ex and his parents would talk about how wrong the Catholic Churches and other churches are. I would tell them the same goes for jw's they have done the same thing and have hid it, but no they are in the "truth" and too self-righteous. They are good and this doesn't happen in their kingdom halls. It's funny to me how they use to be Catholic, can talk to others about questioning other churches and their materials, but if i would say something or show them something they would never acknowledge it. Yes they are right and in the "truth" that is why my ex and his 5 siblings turned out great. Just venting!! :)

• poppers
    poppers

When I was a practicing Catholic and reports of abuse were hitting the headlines the priest at my church gave a scathing denunciation of his brothers in the priesthood who were perpetrating such actions - and he didn't excuse the hierarchy either. It made me feel good that he took such a stance rather than ignore or excuse it in some way.

• tarzan
    tarzan

The JW's do a good job of exposing the Lies and Faults of other religions and they claim they are the truth, but they only really just replace those lies with other lies and they do a BETTER JOB of covering their faults and protecting themselves. They are also very clever at using scriptures in a way that suits themselves. They allways a find a scripture to support their actives no matter how unchristian is appears to be.

Hug !

• detective
    detective

The church I grew up in is closing. I expected it, I do not attend anymore and yet...

I'm deeply saddened. More so than I thought I would be.

Lots of memories there. Weddings, funerals, midnight masses.

I'm sad.

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

I wouldn't be saddened if kingdom halls were closed, I would be thrilled!!! It would be great if they were exposed like the catholic church was for letting it happen when they knew. Everytime I pass by a kingdom hall I literally feel sick, and I feel bad because we know what it is about, I also get angry, and i wasn't even raised JW, but have dealt enough then i ever wanted to!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Comparisons USA out of a population of 300 million we find 65 million Catholics at 23% Compare Jehovah's Witnesses at WT$ figure of 1 million or .36% The Catholic priesthood shows 4% (max) as pedophile clergy. Extrapolation for Jehovah's Witnesses shows FOUR TIMES THE PEDOPHILES PER CAPITA as the Catholic Church. Regarding;humanitarian charities.The last time I googled "Catholic charters I had a search result of 500,000. Try to google:"Jehovah's Witnesses charities result is a big fat zero! The Catholic church also has some damned good schools and a thousand hospitals. alt The Watchtower can take it's cue from it's nemesis the Catholic church and liquidate it's assets to pay claims.They can start with it's "neverland ranch"complex in Brookyln New York. Famous 16

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

Good point danny the Catholic Church has done a lot of things which aren't good, but they do have charities, hspitals, school what do jw's do for the community nothing. They don't even help their own members.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Hi, prgirl79, nice to see someone from the Bay State!!

Just before I was Df'd. I went and talked to the local priest of the church I attended when I was young. Let me tell you, he was nicer than ANY elder or C.O. I talked with in 20 yrs of being a Witness. I served many years as an elder and he is a far better man than I was. I had written the church a letter of "disassociation", on the advice of the dubs and I was welcomed back into the church no questions asked. The dubs would make me sit in their kingdumb hall and not talk to me for months, maybe years. The Botchtower would do well to learn from the Catholic Church and admit its mistakes and try to reconcile with those that have been hurt by them. For years l listen to the dubs bash the Catholic church, yet I find Jehovahs Witnesses to be no better. Kingdumb hall closings would be nice to see, stick around it's not far away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit