Thank you SAHS and MarkfromCali

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

For your kind words.... Thank you for the hug.

I know part of me is through a metamorphous. It’s a hard thing to think that something you believed in so strong for 20 plus years might be wrong. I have learned a lot of truth on this board and there is this battle going on inside me.

My first husband committed adultery and I discovered this (first by spotting a familiar car parked a couple of blocks away) and then looking through the windows when I got home. I walked back to my car, sat inside and hung my head out the door to vomit. I knew I could never go back and I did only once to get my things. This was very hard for me to do. I still loved him in my heart but I also hated him at the same time. Mostly I think I lost respect for him and a little of myself for being so stupid.

Anyway, that’s kinda how I feel right now. I feel that same nausea. It's like I loved the organization for so many years and believed everything I was told. Now I feel like I was cheated on. Not in my face but behind my back. It feels just like it felt when my husband cheated on me. Now I am in a place where I am either going to forgive or forget. I think sometimes if I forgive, then I go back to being like a buoy bobbing up and down in the water with a painted smile on my face. But if I forget the whole thing, I am afraid I will drown into nothingness. I think this is because it is drilled in us that apart from the organization we are not in a relationship with God. Just like an abusive husband makes his wife feel like she is nothing apart from him.

This board is a tremendous help in sifting out my feelings. Sometimes I get a good laugh. Thanks again for the hug and support.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome Vessel!

You got me thinking with your comment "just like an abusive husband makes his wife feel like she is nothing apart from him". Thats exactly what the organization does! I never thought of it that way. I know you'll find lots of support here and laughs too! And.....we Are something apart from the organization. It takes time tho....

Strawberryfieldsforever

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't know SAHS (though what I've read from him sounds good!) but I want to add my thanks to Markfromcali too. Thanks Mark!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome to the board!!!

What you just posted was very interesting to me. My first JW husband did the same thing to me...we were married 20 years and one time he had an affair with my best friend in the truth(tm)...He would be ok for a while and then "cheat" again.

The analogy of the WTBS lying to you was pretty good!

I was raised as a JW and lived it for 35 years (rather young when I started). So when I found this board, about a year ago and started reading COC....the level of anger rose for being "lied" too. When you find the real truth about the truth(tm) it spins a lot of emotions.

I think that when I dedicated myself it was to Jehovah and not to an organization...so I haven't had some of the anger that others have. After all, you can't blame God for imperfect men that are running a religion...(I blame the men!!!) As in the past, God will have a reckoning with those "shepherds" that didn't have pure motives in caring for the flock.

I can truly say that "time" does help and research also. If you live close enough to any poster from this board, I strongly recommend getting together. That also helps in the "healing" process.

Take care,

CodeBlue

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

You're welcome Crooked. The whole process of freeing your mind is like a metamorphosis, while it's happening it can be painful, but even while you are still in the middle of it you can begin to see the end when you're half way through. Although our past as JWs was less fulfilling than an ordinary, normal life, (to say the least huh) if you go through all the way what you find is better than what most people outside the JWs have. Frankly to compare the JW life and a normal life is like saying this illusion is better than that one as far as I'm concerned, but if you step out of that altogether then that is really something, even if the JW life has been most of your years the quality of a truly free life is imcomparable. So I say to all that are still in the middle of it - don't stop! Go all the way! Besides, once you pass the half way point that is the point of no return, you are closer to the end than you are to the beginning - and why would anyone want to go back to that anyway?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

HUGS ALL AROUND !!

love from Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit