Help with custody battle

by FlintReloaded 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• FlintReloaded
    FlintReloaded

Hello everyone,

I have been reading some topics and need some online help. My girlfriend is about to start a custody battle with her Witness ex-husband. While they were at the end of divorce proceedings, they decided they were going to share custody of their 3 year old son. They are BOTH great parents but the ex is starting to get unreasonable. Probably the church's doing. While the mother is perfectly fine in letting her son go to meetings and eventually decide what he wants to believe, the church is treating her as if she is some scum on teh bottem of their shoe. When their divorce was final the court needed to know what they were doing with the boy. The ex brought out papers they needed signed. He asked her to sign them. they basically said she would be the weekend mother. He said that would not be the case but just something to appease the courts. Naively she signed. 3 days later he announced his attentions to move 1/2 a state away. He threw it in her face that she signed him away and couldn't do anything about it. He only lets her have him by picking him up at a 1/2 way point thurs late night and has to return him on early evening sat. He tells her she can have her son on holidays but refused to let her see him on mother's day (says the court doesn't recognize this holiday) and will not let her see him on memorial day. He would not give him to her on thurs and sundays so her son can go to meeting but the following week changed the story saying he never said that and that religion has nothing to do with this and he wants him sunday as it is his only day off. Today he tells her she cannot have her son this weekend (she would normally pick him up tomorrow) at last minute. Granted her brother is getting married and would want their son to be there but never consulted my girlfriend one bit. He also tells her her only days to see him are Thurs and Mon according to the paper she signed. She works double shifts on those days. (she's a teacher at a natural health state college).

She is a shell of who she was and wants to give up as she feels she cant fight the JW church. Can ayone help with some advice?

Other notes of interest

-ex has serious health problems

-ex and my girfriend had premarrital relations....should she notify the JW's of this. Would it help her case if he gets disfellowshipped and won't have their financial backing? or will it look petty and backfire?

• AlanF
    AlanF

Best thing is for her to see a VERY good lawyer. I can refer you to someone else who might be able to help, too. PM me.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit