Bizarre plot by Ex-J.W. to kill Latter Day Saints

by Kenneson 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Through the efforts of his wife, law enforcement was able to foil a plot by an ex-JW, William Busch, who was planning on entering a local Mormon church and killing as many people as possible; he also wanted to kill nacotics officers. She said that "her husband wanted revenge for being ostracized and abused for his prior affiliation with the Jehovah's Witnesses."

Now if this is not bizarre, I don't know what is. Why take revenge on the Mormons, when it was the Witnesses who offended him? And if anyone doubts his intentions towards narcotics officers, just read about the explosive making materials they found at his place. See "Sevier county man accused of LDS murder plot"

http://www.sltribune.com/2004/may/05082004/utah/164577.asp

• Valis
  • Special K
    Special K

Boy Kenneson..

That puppy sure has got problems......

Whew..........

sincerely

Special K

• little witch
    little witch

Nutjob indeed! Thanks for sharing that story Kenneson. A change of pace from the usual "the jw's had a convention in our city, and they were soooooo wonderful". Type of newspaper articles.

• sf
    sf

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595061165,00.html

Plot to kill 2, bomb a church reported

By Pat Reavy
    Deseret Morning News

A 6th District judge Tuesday denied bail for a man police say plotted to kill the Sevier County attorney, kill the head of the county narcotics strike force and detonate a bomb inside an LDS church in Joseph in Sevier County.
    William Carl Busch, 51, is charged with possession with intent to manufacture a controlled substance, a second-degree felony, recklessness with an incendiary device, a third-degree felony, and possession of a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
    Busch was arrested April 15 after officers served a search warrant at his house and found bomb-making components, said Sevier County Sheriff Phil Barney. Wind of the alleged plot had surfaced about a year ago, but the big break for investigators came when Busch's wife told her LDS bishop about the alleged plot.
    Busch was reportedly upset with Sevier County Attorney Don Brown and the head of the narcotics strike force because of an arrest and conviction in 2001 for a marijuana-growing operation, Barney said. The marijuana operation was big for the area, generating an estimated $13,000 per harvest, he said.

Busch allegedly plotted to kill the county officials and their families. "He said he 'would make them suffer,' " said Sevier County Capt. Gary Reid.
    Busch apparently also had a deep hatred of the LDS community. His wife, Tammie Busch, told the Deseret Morning News that her husband's resentment toward The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints started when he was a child. He was raised a Jehovah's Witness, she said, and he said he was often picked on or excluded from activities because his religion was different.
    William Busch's second wife also reportedly disliked LDS members because of earlier experiences in southern Utah, said Tammie Busch, who is his third wife. William Busch reportedly make a promise to his second wife before she died that he would "take care of the problem."
    "He was plotting (his revenge) even before we were married," Tammie Busch said.
    Tammie Busch, an active member of the LDS Church, married William Busch Aug. 23, 2001.
    At almost the moment they wed, Tammie said, William suddenly changed and began plotting his revenge, something he talked about during the entire time they were married.
    Tammie Busch said she believed part of the reason William married her was because he thought it would influence the district attorney.
    "He felt that if he married a Mormon that his case with the drugs would go smoother," she said, "that they would be more lenient."
    William Busch began going to LDS Church meetings after marrying Tammie, but she now believes it was so he could survey the area and further plot out his strategy.
    Originally, Busch planned to shoot everyone in the congregation, Tammie Busch said, including several police officers.
    "He was sure one of them would take him out," she said.
    Between 350 to 450 people attend church at the LDS church in Joseph.
    Because Busch had trouble accessing firearms because of his drug conviction, he began experimenting with making bombs, Tammie Busch said. His plot eventually changed to bombing the church and the homes of the county officials.
    When deputies served a warrant at William Busch's house, they found about 60 pounds of ammonium nitrate, diesel fuel, an igniting device and two packages of marijuana seeds, according to court records.
    "We had information he was experimenting with them," Barney said.
    Tammie Busch said she tried to tell others about what was going on in her house but no one would take her seriously. She also said she didn't have an opportunity to warn many people because "my husband had a lot of control over me," including not letting her use the Internet without close supervision.
    It was after she told about the alleged plot to her LDS bishop, who then contacted police, that action was taken, Tammie Busch said. Prior to that she said she tried talking William Busch her husband out of it.
    "I begged him to leave the subjects alone, to try and think of pleasant thoughts. We had wanted to move out of the state, possibly be happier somewhere else. He didn't want to hear that," she said.
    The plan allegedly called for killing the county attorney, then waiting a couple of years to kill the strike force head, Tammie Busch said. It was never clear when William Busch planned on committing crimes at the church. He allegedly planned to start carrying out his plan within a year.
    Between crimes, Busch said her husband, William Busch, an experienced outdoorsman, planned to live off the land in the mountains, his wife said.
    Tammie Busch also has a criminal record, for forgery. Both she and her husband are on Social Security for mental disability, but she said that should not make a difference.
    "That does not make what happened any less real or truthful. He made a choice that wasn't good. He knew what he was doing."
    When asked if William Busch would really have carried out his alleged plot, Barney called him a "very dangerous individual."
    Despite the alleged murder plot, and the fact Tammie Busch has filed for a protective order against her husband in April, she said she will let him decide whether he wants to file for divorce.
    "I still love my husband. My husband has some deep issues. He needs help. I'd like to see him get the help he needs. I don't know if that means we could ever be together as husband and wife. He needs to work on his problems first. I couldn't go through what I've been through in the last two and a half years."
    William Busch is scheduled to be back in court May 18. In denying him bail, Judge David Mower called him "an extreme threat to the community," according to court records.Busch allegedly plotted to kill the county officials and their families. "He said he 'would make them suffer,' " said Sevier County Capt. Gary Reid.
    Busch apparently also had a deep hatred of the LDS community. His wife, Tammie Busch, told the Deseret Morning News that her husband's resentment toward The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints started when he was a child. He was raised a Jehovah's Witness, she said, and he said he was often picked on or excluded from activities because his religion was different.
    William Busch's second wife also reportedly disliked LDS members because of earlier experiences in southern Utah, said Tammie Busch, who is his third wife. William Busch reportedly make a promise to his second wife before she died that he would "take care of the problem."
    "He was plotting (his revenge) even before we were married," Tammie Busch said.
    Tammie Busch, an active member of the LDS Church, married William Busch Aug. 23, 2001.
    At almost the moment they wed, Tammie said, William suddenly changed and began plotting his revenge, something he talked about during the entire time they were married.
    Tammie Busch said she believed part of the reason William married her was because he thought it would influence the district attorney.
    "He felt that if he married a Mormon that his case with the drugs would go smoother," she said, "that they would be more lenient."
    William Busch began going to LDS Church meetings after marrying Tammie, but she now believes it was so he could survey the area and further plot out his strategy.
    Originally, Busch planned to shoot everyone in the congregation, Tammie Busch said, including several police officers.
    "He was sure one of them would take him out," she said.
    Between 350 to 450 people attend church at the LDS church in Joseph.
    Because Busch had trouble accessing firearms because of his drug conviction, he began experimenting with making bombs, Tammie Busch said. His plot eventually changed to bombing the church and the homes of the county officials.
    When deputies served a warrant at William Busch's house, they found about 60 pounds of ammonium nitrate, diesel fuel, an igniting device and two packages of marijuana seeds, according to court records.
    "We had information he was experimenting with them," Barney said.
    Tammie Busch said she tried to tell others about what was going on in her house but no one would take her seriously. She also said she didn't have an opportunity to warn many people because "my husband had a lot of control over me," including not letting her use the Internet without close supervision.
    It was after she told about the alleged plot to her LDS bishop, who then contacted police, that action was taken, Tammie Busch said. Prior to that she said she tried talking William Busch her husband out of it.
    "I begged him to leave the subjects alone, to try and think of pleasant thoughts. We had wanted to move out of the state, possibly be happier somewhere else. He didn't want to hear that," she said.
    The plan allegedly called for killing the county attorney, then waiting a couple of years to kill the strike force head, Tammie Busch said. It was never clear when William Busch planned on committing crimes at the church. He allegedly planned to start carrying out his plan within a year.
    Between crimes, Busch said her husband, William Busch, an experienced outdoorsman, planned to live off the land in the mountains, his wife said.
    Tammie Busch also has a criminal record, for forgery. Both she and her husband are on Social Security for mental disability, but she said that should not make a difference.
    "That does not make what happened any less real or truthful. He made a choice that wasn't good. He knew what he was doing."
    When asked if William Busch would really have carried out his alleged plot, Barney called him a "very dangerous individual."
    Despite the alleged murder plot, and the fact Tammie Busch has filed for a protective order against her husband in April, she said she will let him decide whether he wants to file for divorce.
    "I still love my husband. My husband has some deep issues. He needs help. I'd like to see him get the help he needs. I don't know if that means we could ever be together as husband and wife. He needs to work on his problems first. I couldn't go through what I've been through in the last two and a half years."
    William Busch is scheduled to be back in court May 18. In denying him bail, Judge David Mower called him "an extreme threat to the community," according to court records.

• sf
    sf

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=5&sid=92042

Man Allegedly Planning to Bomb Church, Police Arrested
    May. 5, 2004

Sam Penrod reporting

Domestic terrorism, in a small town Utah.

The town of Joseph is in shock, after learning details of one man's plot to attack an LDS ward, and bomb elected officials.

Tammie Busch, Wife of Suspect: "This is not a religious matter, it's an angry man my husband is a very angry individual.

The man, is in jail. But, police insist his frightening talk of using guns and fertilizer bombs was more than just threats.

The man apparently was upset at police after he was busted for growing marijuana. And what makes this case so disturbing, is that the suspect was experimenting with fertilizer and diesel and by all accounts was getting close to carrying out his threats.

William Busch is in the Sevier County jail, charged with possessing an incendiary device and growing marijuana.

Busch's wife of two and a half years spoke to us about their marriage, which she says was abusive and frightening, as her husband talked of killing people in her LDS ward.

Tammie Busch, Wife of Suspect: "Within a month of being married to him, he let me know that he had promised his late wife, that he would take all of his guns and go into the Joseph LDS Church ward during the sacrament meeting and just start shooting, until somebody killed him. "

But in recent weeks, Busch says her husband's threats have focused on bombing the homes of police and prosecutors for revenge after a police drug raid.

"Tammie Busch: "He had changed his scenario, I can go up and place and bomb and walk away scot free, nobody will know who placed it."

In March, Busch says her husband bought ammonia nitrate fertilizer and was testing out his own bomb recipes in their back yard.

That's when she told her LDS bishop, who called police.

The County sheriff believes as outrageous as the threats sound, Busch was serious.

Phil Barney, Sevier County Sheriff: "I think he definitely planned to carry them out."

Tammy Busch Is seeking a protective order against her husband and because of his mental instability hopes he is kept in jail.

Tammie Busch, Suspect's Wife: "My husband needs help. I would like to think that I could still be there for him, i just couldn't let these people be hurt."

A judge has denied bail for William Busch and found there is probable cause for him to stand trial.

Busch will be back in court to enter a plea to the charges, later this month.

• sf
    sf

Thank God- It's a Friday Grab-Bag!
    storyhunters.com - May 7, 2004
    ... William Carl Busch, 51, of Servier County, Utah, is charged with preparing to kill his local county attorney, the head of the county narcotics strike force and ... :

* When the police find found about 60 pounds of ammonium nitrate, diesel fuel, an igniting device and two packages of marijuana seeds in your house, you know you're in trouble. William Carl Busch, 51, of Servier County, Utah, is charged with preparing to kill his local county attorney, the head of the county narcotics strike force and to bomb a Mormon church. Busch's wife knew of his plans and told her Mormon bishop, who contacted police.

Busch apparently wanted to bomb the church because he had grown up as a Jehovah's Witness and was ostracized as a result of his different religion.

Posted by lsaintcrow at May 7, 2004 01:04 PM | TrackBack Comments

"When the police find found about 60 pounds of ammonium nitrate, diesel fuel, an igniting device and two packages of marijuana seeds in your house, you know you're in trouble."

diesel fuel...Dangerous, but not unusual.
    an igniting device...Dangerous & Unusual.
    60 pounds of ammonium nitrate...Bad Intentions.

two packages of marijuana seeds...????????!!!

How did this nugget find it's way into the article. Obviously the afforementioned list of items can be used for malicious purposes.

What EVIL was Busch trying to unleash with his "two packages of marijuana seeds?"

Shoot, if he had grown the seeds and smoked the harvest, he might not have been so angry!

Irregardless, to list two packages of marijuana seeds in the same sentence with 60 pounds of ammonium nitrate, diesel fuel, an igniting device about a guy who wants to blow up a church is sensationalism and irresponsible journalism.

Quick Note: Mr. Busch, The Morman Religion is based on the idea that Joseph Smith found a lost testament of the bible written on tablets of gold in America during the 19th century. Oh Yeah, And Smith was the ONLY one to ever see them.

Did I mention you often hear Naive used as a synonym for Morman?

Ostracisation from these people made you want to blow them up? Personally hanging out with them would cause that reaction for me.

Besides, if we were going to start blowing up churches that base their reigions off made up stories, I would never see a Jehovah's Witness at the airport or my front door.

Nor would we see Religion anywhere.

Those Who Cannot Hear The Music Think The Dancer's Are Insane- Dawg D'Plumb Posted by: Dawg D'Plumb at May 8, 2004 04:20 AM

"When the police find found about 60 pounds of ammonium nitrate, diesel fuel, an igniting device and two packages of marijuana seeds in your house, you know you're in trouble."

diesel fuel...Dangerous, but not unusual.
    an igniting device...Dangerous & Unusual.
    60 pounds of ammonium nitrate...Bad Intentions.

How did this nugget find it's way into the article. Obviously the afforementioned list of items can be used for malicious purposes.

What EVIL was Busch trying to unleash with his "two packages of marijuana seeds?"

Shoot, if he had grown the seeds and smoked the harvest, he might not have been so angry!

Irregardless, to list two packages of marijuana seeds in the same sentence with 60 pounds of ammonium nitrate, diesel fuel, an igniting device about a guy who wants to blow up a church is sensationalism and irresponsible journalism.

Quick Note: Mr. Busch, The Morman Religion is based on the idea that Joseph Smith found a lost testament of the bible written on tablets of gold in America during the 19th century. Oh Yeah, And Smith was the ONLY one to ever see them.

Did I mention you often hear Naive used as a synonym for Morman?

Ostracisation from these people made you want to blow them up? Personally hanging out with them would cause that reaction for me.

Besides, if we were going to start blowing up churches that base their reigions off made up stories, I would never see a Jehovah's Witness at the airport or my front door.

Nor would we see Religion anywhere.

Those Who Cannot Hear The Music Think The Dancer's Are Insane- Dawg D'Plumb Posted by: Dawg D'Plumb at May 8, 2004 04:20 AM

Dawg D'Plumb wrote:
    "Quick Note: Mr. Busch, The Morman Religion is based on the idea that Joseph Smith found a lost testament of the bible written on tablets of gold in America during the 19th century. Oh Yeah, And Smith was the ONLY one to ever see them. Did I mention you often hear Naive used as a synonym for Morman?"

Rarely have so many errors been made in so few words. Mr. D'Plumb should read up on his history before opining on things of which he knows nothing.

Oh, and by the way, it's "Mormon", not "Morman". Fairly exposes how much our author knows about Mormons, doesn't it?
    Posted by: B. H. Roberts at May 8, 2004 06:48 PM

Post a comment Name:

Email Address:

URL: Remember personal info?
    Yes No
    Comments:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit