Woman poses as Army officer... hilarity ensues

by pr_capone 4 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Woman poses as army officer
    From correspondents in London
    April 22, 2004

A WOMAN posing as a military officer conned her way onto a British airforce base and lived there undetected for five months, even running up a large bar bill, a report said.

The 35-year-old, named by the Sun newspaper as Kelsey McMillan, pretended to be an army medic on a training course and was only detected after she successfully applied for a transfer to a different base.

McMillan even travelled on Royal Air Force helicopters as they undertook search and rescue operations, the newspaper reported in its Thursday edition.

The imposter arrived at the RAF Valley base in north Wales last October dressed as a captain and bearing a genuine identification card she held as a private in the Territorial Army, a civilian reserve force.

Claiming to be visiting her fiance, McMillan moved into officers' quarters after supposedly breaking up with the man and ran up a 300-pound bar bill, saying she was waiting for wages to be transferred.

According to the newspaper, she was arrested four days after arriving at her new ?posting?, a base in southwest England containing secretive airborne early-warning systems and anti-submarine patrols.

An unnamed ?insider? at the first base told the Sun that the incident was ?a shocking security disaster?.

?This woman had access to the entire base and we all thought she was a trained doctor,? they said.

• blondie
    blondie

In these days of concerns about terrorists infiltrating, it makes you wonder how good the safeguards are.

Blondie

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

Hi PRcapone

Saw the flag. Are you living in PR now? Are you a former JW? Just curious!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    ?This woman had access to the entire base and we all thought she was a trained doctor,? they said.

Huh, she must've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before showing up on base.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I no longer live there but I am from Aguadilla. And I attended the Aguadilla English congregation while I was there. What part of the island are you from?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit