December 1, 1963... Los Angeles Convention?

by Bryan 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

Does anyone remember or know where I can find info on an assembly on December 1, 1963. I am assuming it is in LA.

Thanks,

Bryan

• blondie
    blondie

Perhaps you mean the September 1-8, 1963 International Convention held in Pasadena, the last one of a serious of worldwide conventions that began in Milwaukee?

w64 10/15 620 True Prosperity Comes from God ***

Forty years later, in September 1963, in Pasadena, California, came the concluding meeting of a round-the-world series of "Everlasting Good News" Assemblies of Jehovah?s Witnesses, assemblies that were held for three to eight days in twenty-four principal cities of the world, and which were attended by a total crowd of 580,509 persons.

*** w63 9/15 576 Assembly Delegates Stop at Greece, Visit Promised Land ***

The Watchtower of October 15, 1963, (10 pages) will contain a fuller report of this Around-the-World Assembly, scheduled to conclude September 1-8 in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.

Onacruse and I were both at that one.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Thanks Bolndie, we're getting closer.

"Watchtower Summary" Isn't this what you called it at the assemblies in the '60s?

Do these ring a bell:

"Speaking The Truth Unites" by B.A. Atkins

"Building A Happy Human Family" by B.A. Atkins

Final Talk by G.A. Atkins

"At It Was In The Days Of Noah" by G.A. Atkins

Still looking at date Dec. 1, 1963, thought your info helped a lot!

Thanks,

Bryan

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What kind of info are you looking for Bryan? We've got the program at home if you're looking for talk and/or speaker information.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I'm confused on these dates.

I guess I would like to know if these talks were given at the Pasadena convention in September 1963, or a different one in Nov. - Dec. of 1963.

Thanks for your help!

Bryan

• blondie
    blondie

Bryan, that sounds more like a circuit assembly program. Nothing in the CD I have (2001).

Blondie

• Bryan
    Bryan

Thanks Blondie,

I suppose this narrows it down to a circuit assembly, one day being December 1, 1963. Most likely in Oklahoma City I suppose.

I'm guessing an attendance of 6,552 and 1,597 babtized. That seems like a lot to get babtized though.

I'm going by notes not written by me.

Again Thanks for your help,

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit