Most $$ to WT Now Comes From Elderly!

by SAHS 4 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

I heard a senior elder at my congregation meeting a couple of weeks ago say that he heard the branch overseer for the Canadian Bethel, Brother Ken Little, say, ?Now most of the money coming in to the Society is from seniors and their donations.? The elder had recently been on a tour of the Canadian Bethel. He also mentioned how Brother Little was telling about one woman who apparently ?left everything to the Society.?

There is no doubt that there are many similar accounts of people, especially the elderly, leaving pretty much ?everything? to the Society Corporation, since every year the Nov. 1st WT comes out with a standard boilerplate article encouraging people to plan donations of ?insurance policies, real estate, stocks/bonds/shares [i.e., ?Rand Cam?*], wills, trust funds.?

* (Incidentally, in case you haven?t heard what ?Rand Cam Engine Corp.? is all about, and the implication of the WT?s ownership of this company?s shares, it?s interesting to check out the following:)

http://www.freeminds.org/h2o/283202.html

http://www.geocities.com/wtgreed/article.htm

http://www.machynlleth.freeserve.co.uk/wts_bombfactory.htm

The Canadian Bethel is in the process of getting another whopping big printing press from Brooklyn, NY, which will apparently be operational by November, 2004. I guess the money has to come from somewhere.

One can?t help but recalling Jesus? description of the rank-and-file Jews in his day who were ?skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.? (Matt. 9:36, Mark 6:34.)

I was just wondering ? does anyone have other examples of the elderly giving it all to WT, or being pressured to?

?SAHS

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Well, check out this obituary from a wealthy brother who died a couple of weeks ago (and I'm betting he left a lot to the WTS:

JOHN BODNER

April 08, 2004

JOHN W. BODNER John W. Bodner, died peacefully at the age of 82, after a brief illness on April 5, 2004 at the Health Sciences Centre. Left to mourn are, his wife Verna; daughter Heidi (Steve); grandchildren, Vincent, Victor, William and Ruby. John is also survived by his brother Peter (Verna) and his three sisters, Anna Scherpenisse, Marie Klymiuk and Gloria (Bob) Rairie plus many nieces and nephews. John was predeceased by his father Philip and mother Pearl; and his brothers, Frank and Michael. John created his company, J.W. Bodner Co. Ltd., which at times employed as many as 150. His biggest accomplishment, however, was his volunteer work. His whole life was dedicated to serving Jehovah God. He spent many hours visiting the sick, helping those who needed spiritual and financial help. He was a very generous man. He enjoyed most of all to tell others about Jehovah's purpose to bring the earth to a paradise by means of his Kingdom with Christ Jesus as king. When he was chairman of the Regional Building Committee he was involved in the construction of many Kingdom Halls in Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario. We wish to thank Drs. Fong, Muirhead and Littleford for treating John with dignity and integrity. The staff in the SICU are without compare, and we thank them for treating John with compassion and those of us who were with him. Also the staff in GA3. All of this made the last two weeks more bearable. Memorial service will be held Saturday, April 10 at 3:00 p.m. at Kingdom Hall Centre, 229 Lakewood Blvd. with Ken Little officiating. Viewing Friday, April 9 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Cropo Funeral Chapel, 1442 Main St. Psalms 91:1 and 11 brings great comfort. We thank all the friends who support us in our time of need. CROPO FUNERAL CHAPEL 586-8044

Here's the thread where I originally posted it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/69806/1.ashx

Coincidence?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Blood sucking Watchtower fleeces the flock. In 1987 we get a conference phone call, grave issue on: what are we gonna do about my lifelong devout senile very elderly JW paternal grandparents. They are in need of a PCA [personal care attendant} and don't have the funds.They don't have any money left for their elderly care because my grandfather,GAVE ALL HIS 'DISPOSABLE' ASSESTS TO THE WBT$.{ end of the world coming in 1975} The Haszard clan all had to pitch in $$$ to care for them.My grandfather died first, at 80 years old.He hadn't spoken for 3 years prior to his passing due to helpless senility.He was a proud and independent survivor in his time. Multiply this horror show times MILLIONS of defaulted,and defrauded WT$ 'cash cows' victims. HAIL TO THE APOSTATE HEROS. We are the voices of retribution.We are heroes IF THERE IS A HELL,MAY IT BURN HOT FOR YOU WATCHTOWER BASTARDS. .

• cbew
    cbew

Doesn't surprise me as most donations are coming from the elderly these days. I remember when I was still a dub an elderly brother who I liked very much told me he intended to give half his estate to the WT when he died. I felt that was wrong myself as his children would of probably benefited from the money but since his two sons were inactive and disfellowshiped he felt they didn't deserve it. What really bothered me though is the way the WT seems to show interest in these ones once they reach a certain age. A fellow elder told me that his elderly mom received an invitation from the branch for a visit. She went on that visit and was given the red carpet treatment and just praised for her life long loyalty and service to the organization. Of course upon her death I understood that a vast sum was left to the WT. It didn't have anything to do with that invitation did it? Those sneaky bastards.

One more trick I found absolutely disgusting was in the cong. where I served the elders there had a "way" of taking care of the elderly. If an elderly sister lived on her own and happen to own her own property the elders would assign a young pioneer couple or sister to move in with her to look after her and also get free boarding at the same time. Rather than leave this matter to any "worldly" relatives this matter was handled in this way as it was felt to be more "theocratic". It also benefitted the congr. and WT very well as usually at the death of the sister she would inevitably leave a sizable sum to the congr. or WT for the "kind" treatment she received. I have seen this happen on two occasions in the cong. I was in. Absolutely disgusting.

• apostate
    apostate

I think it was Mouthy who told me that Frank J. Toth used to visit the active family members of those who left everything they had to the Watchtower to tell them that their dead relatives did the right thing and they are better not to complain about it or else!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit