JW Nepotism or "Adams family values"

by Undaunted Danny 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Jehovah's Witnesses and Nepotism. In my nearly a half century of exposure to Jehovah's Witnesses.I have observed that the membership of any given congregation to be composed of about + - 50% blood kin. Isn't this a form of spiritual incest ? [ family favoritism by God ] Note Jesus words at John 6:44+65 "No one can come to me unless the Father first enables him".OR as another translation reads," no one can come to me unless it has been granted to him by the Father and the Father first draws him to me." The above passage would seem to preclude any nepotism. Moreover,it would seem that all Christians must be individually consecrated and hand picked by God himself. Question to board members: what have been your findings as to the ratio of blood kin family members?Example; my Haszard clan is 4 generations of JW's,because my grandfather converted in 1952.I don't think we are all destined to be saved because of his conversion. This is an issue that had always stumbled me since I was a small child.Why did my clan deserve to live and my worldly schoolmates have to die? [ Footnote: our JW family life wasn't the idyllic," Little house on the prairie".More like a nightmare script from the,"Tales from the crypt". Undaunted Danny," The crypt keeper"
  • rick1199
    rick1199

this is some thing I always thought about. My point was I would never have listened to some one at the, would have thought the teachings where stupid. But becasue I brought up a witness I was 'saved'. Does that mean my family was blessed in some way ? how come I could be save, but my friends werent ? of course, relise it is all bull shit now and my mates where the ones who were 'saved', 'saved' from all the crap we went through.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

I've thought about this one for years. Had family not been involved with WT, it is doubtful that I would have ever gotten involved. While I was a loyal JW I often wondered why my family got to have the opportunity for salvation, but my mother's family did not. Now that I am out I can look at it objectively and see that it's no different than people born into whatever religion their family has. The insidious part of the JWs is that they are so controlling that you don't look outside the religion of your family like other people do, and so we have 4 generations of JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit