I HAVE A DREAM!!

by Mary 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Oh man, I woke up this morning with my heart pounding like mad. After reading the post "Diary of an Armageddon Survivor" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/69898/1.ashx the other day, it really played on my mind and I found it depressing and frightening at how accurate the diary would be if only JWs survived Armageddon and I actually had a freakin' dream about it last night. I dreamt that I was back where I had grown up and saw all my dead school mates on the side of the road and that my parents were dead too (apparently for not going out in Service enough before the big battle). My sister, who died years ago, was there again, dead in front of me; why, I do not know. I started to cry. We were all at the Kingdom Hall and the prick of an overseer (who somehow managed to survive even though he's a sleazoid pimp) was delegating work to everyone around, just like in that post.

It was one of those dreams that are VERY real, and I remember feeling very depressed in that dream thinking 'is this what paradise is going to be like forever?'

Anyone else ever dream about something like this, or am I just losing my marbles??

• Badger
    Badger

(((Mary)))

I know what you mean...that was a really vivid image...I can't say I've had a dream like that, but is stuns me that I and the rest of us were actually LOOKING FORWARD to that...

• English Patient
    English Patient

I suppose we all have dreams like this from time to time, it's only to be expected after years a Watchtower Slave.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Mary, Mary, I know it's spring and the mushrooms are coming out, but you really must be careful which ones you put into your salad!

carmel

• Mary
    Mary
    I know it's spring and the mushrooms are coming out, but you really must be careful which ones you put into your salad!

Hey, I traded some magic beans for them mushroom. Seriously though, that was a really lousy dream. I've had dreams before about Armageddon, but this just really made me realize that living in the Witness version of Paradise, would be everyone else's version of Hell.

• Quotes
    Quotes

That "dream" sounds more like a "nightmare" to me.

• bebu
    bebu

(((((((((Mary)))))))))

but this just really made me realize that living in the Witness version of Paradise, would be everyone else's version of Hell.

That is true. When I learned about the "cleanup" detail that JW survivors would have to do, I was totally repulsed.

I have had two memorable dreams of massacres, they were beyond description and left me in a shock. I remember that I felt amazed at how real it was... I had to work thru them emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Hard to believe it, I think that there was an eventual benefit.

But I don't want any more of such dreams, if I can help it.

bebu

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I remember this one dream when I was a kid. It was about paradise earth. I don't remember many specific details about the dream, but I do remember that it scared the hell out of me, hence why I still remember it today. I also remember that when I would think about what could happen at armagueddon, it always gave me this empty feeling inside, so then at a young age i decided to no longer think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit