Another brave person beats cancer

by English Patient 3 Replies latest jw friends

• English Patient
    English Patient

Jose' Francisco Molina pulled off the biggest victory of his life when he beat cancer.

Molina plays football as a goalkeeper for Deportivo La Coruna, and only as late as this past November did he get the all clear after months of hard treatment. He thought he would never live, never mind play again.

Tonight, Jose played in one of the biggest games of his career. His side, Deportivo, were 4-1 down from the first game against one of Europes greatest sides, and current holders of the competition. His side won the game 4-0, with Molina producing an amazing save in the last seconds from Rui Costa's shot, saving his side and preventing the game from going any further. The full time whistle blew, and Molina's save had put Deportivo through to the semi final!

How great it is to see people from all over the world beat this disease, not only beat it, but come back a champion. Many more names come to mind, Lance Armstrong, Bobby Robson etc.

altaltalt

• English Patient
    English Patient

lol,

I note this post shall go down in the anals of history .

• franklin J
    franklin J

It is always encouraging to hear that someone has beat this killer.....

I have known so many personally who have lost the battle......

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I think atheletes must have tremendous immune cells because their bodies are in such good shape (for the most part). Always good news when someone beats the big "C".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit