Baptism... and Why I'm so Lucky

by ignorance is strength 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• ignorance is strength
  • ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

Can anyone see what written above? I just spend a while on it and I cannot.

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

Sorry about that, here I go again, the summarized version:

When I was about 10-12 years old I wanted to be baptised. I went through all the questions in the green book and thought it was a done deal. But I was wrong, the elders weren't going to let me be baptized because I did not spend enought time in the FS. i was devastated at the time, but this event gave me the distinct ability to question things and cirumstances.

I went through a study of religions, from the Buddhist Scriptures to the Early Church Fathers and I found a religion that I liked: Catholicism. I know that many people are against Catholicism and its theology, but I agree with it and the spirituality suits me very well.

This Easter Vigil (Sat. 10th, 9pm-1am), I will be receiving the Sacrament of Baptism, Confirmation and the Eucharist. I've prepared a long time for this and I have been attending the actual mass since November, catechism lessons since september. Even my parents know that I've been going to a Catholic Church, been suprisingly cool with it, and tonight I'm going to tell them that I am going to be a baptised Catholic.

Wish me luck.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Good luck ! (sounds like you won't need it though... )

• yxl1
    yxl1

All the best Iggy. Hope you find what you're looking for.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Iggy

Congratulations! There are many beautiful things about Catholicism and the modern day Catholic church. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but there are some things which Wicca and Catholicism have in common.

Anyway, I hope the ceremony is lovely for you, and your parents accept your decision,

Sirona

• English Patient
    English Patient

Mmm,

I hope you find peace in whatever it is you are doing, but please explain to me again, why Catholic? Seems like you are going from one set of nutters to the next.

• Sirona
    Sirona

English Patient,

I hope you find peace in whatever it is you are doing, but please explain to me again, why Catholic? Seems like you are going from one set of nutters to the next.

This is the second thread in which I've seen you post such mindless, immature bullshit.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Sorry Iggy for swearing on your thread.

Religious intolerance and ignorance really winds me up.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit