Google starts G-mail (1-GB) FREE...

by Special K 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

In the paper yesterday,

Google starting new service, G-mail.

G-mail will provide users with a huge one gigabyte (1GB) of FREE storage, making the need to clean out the e-mail box inbox irrelevent for most people.

The companies believe the new service will rewire the way information is retrieved in e-mail messages.

G-mail will automatically organise e-mail according to topic and allow users to search their messages --including who it is from, the text and subject lines---in the sam way they search the Internet.

Google says they are also looking at this as a way for google users to stay loyal...as changing search engines is easy..and changing e-mail provider is more of a chore.

Right now google is consulted 138.000 times a minute in 90 languages across the world.

Sounds like this new G-mail will be a great thing. I get sick of dumping my e-mail from Yahoo and MSN..

sincerely sounds good to me

Special K

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

shoot, 1GB is like.. like... like maybe three of those full length puppy killin' videos that Valis sends me.

ps. Does Valis spam any of the rest of you with puppy killing propaganda?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

No, SixofNine, he doesn't send me anything. You're teasing, right?

• Special K
    Special K

lol six of nine..

The article says that this 1 GB of storage wiould let people store the equivalent of 500,000 pages of e-mail for free.

sounds good to me.

Special K

• Special K
    Special K

Oh and by the way if you want to have a look at it.. It is up and running.

just go to google.com and put G-mail in the search...

sincerely

Special K

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm a MAJOR email pack-rat... I hate deleteing old emails because there is always a time when I kick myself because I later needed some information from a long deleted email.

Right now I'm even paying Yahoo about $20 a year for 25MB of storage instead of the usual 3 or so. What is sad is that a very larg chunk of that is eaten up with spam... even with me deleting the Spam Folder on a regular basis.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

v-e-r-r-r-r-y interesting

Think I will be waiting for their updates to when it will be generally available

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

I really want to get one of those. I'm also an e-mail pack rat... I have saved every e-mail my hubby has ever sent me, from before our first date to the present. My hotmail gets full every other day. Definitely something to look in to... thanks. :)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Special K I saw that news article as well, and I registered for updates.

It almost sounds too good to be true. And the thing about no pop up adds. All I can say is I hope so. I hate going to into my hotmail account, because I have to play "kill the pop ups" just to read an email or 2. What should be a 30 second exercise turns into a 5-6 minute battle of frustration.

Go Google!

• astridkittie
    astridkittie

Hee, hee, I'm an email pack rat myself. I usually store all my email in Outlook but of course that limits where I can access my emails. I hope they start the service soon...<br><br>Just as a side note, they're also going to use computers to scan your email for certain subjects so they can personalize the advertisment links on the side of your email page... no one's reading your email or anything, but some people who are big on their email privacy might still have an issue with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit