The Father's Name

by realcourchesne 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• realcourchesne
    realcourchesne

Hi, I'm new to this forum; I’m not a Jehovah witness and was reading a book called “You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Earth”. In chapter 22, Page 185, when teaching the importance of knowing the name of the Father (Jehovah), the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society says: “In fact, knowing that name is necessary for salvation, as the Bible says”. Romans 10: 13,14

My question is: If knowing that the Father's name (Jehovah) is necessary for salvation; Why even in their Bible “The New World Translation”, would Jesus used the terms "my Father," "our Father," and "the Father" when teaching about and praying to his Father?

I understand that Jesus was addressing His Father but so are we when praying the Father. If Jesus never did, why would Jehovah Witnesses call the Father by the name Jehovah in their prayers?

• logical
    logical

cos the WTS are bullshit merchants.

JEHOVAH is not God's real name, it was a man made name. JEHOVAH = WTS.

Jah is the Fathers name.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Excellent question, 'Real... and may you have peace!

Actually, there is a VERY simple... and TRUTHFUL... explanation for that: Jehovah's Witness cannot CALL God 'our Father', for He is NOT their father; for they are NOT 'sons'. Truthfully, as far as THEY are concerned, only about 8,000 of them are 'sons of God'. Thus, if they called Him "Father", that would mean that they, too, were 'sons'. And if they, too, were 'sons', they would be in the New Covenant. And if they were in the New Covenant... THEY WOULD HAVE TO EAT AND DRINK THE FLESH AND BLOOD OF MY LORD. Yes?

And if they called themselves 'sons', that would mean they were BEGOTTEN... and ADOPTED... by holy spirit. And THAT would make them 'anointed'. However, they do not believe that the 'great crowd' are also SONS... anointed by God's holy spirit through Christ and thus, part of 'Israel'. Although it is.

As a side point, they also call Him "Jehovah", for that is the erroneous name He has allowed them to know and use. Why? Because NO reproach can be brought upon His most 'beauteous' name... and JW's... in fact the entire WTBTS conglomerate... bring reproach all the time. Can you imagine what folks think of "Jehovah" because of them?

But, in fact and in TRUTH... my Father's name is JAH. And His Son, my Lord, is named JAH-ESHUA (JAH saves), and is the MISHCHAJAH (messiah or 'chosen of JAH'), the one who 'comes in the name of JAH.

Psalm 68:4

The term "Jehovah" is an incorrect rendering of the letters YHWH (Hebrew) or JHVH (English). Many years ago, scholars ASSUMED the name to have three syllables and put an 'e', 'o' and 'a' where there were no vowels. However, the CORRECT rendering is YaHWeH (Hebrew) or JaHVeH... BOTH of which are correctly pronounced "Jah-VEH" (in Hebrew, a "y" SOUNDS like a "v"). And the name translates into "JAH (Yah) exhales" or "JAH (Yah) breathes" and means "JAH breathes into existence" or "JAH breathes and it comes to be."

My Lord's name is pronounced in Hebrew "YahShua" or "Yah-e-Shua"... and in English "Joshua" (only j's are sound like y's and so it is 'Yoshua')

There are other names and words that contain my Father's name as well:

Elijah, which is correctly pronounced EE-lee-yah, and means God (El) is (i) JAH (jah).

Joel, which is correctly pronounced Yah-El, and means JAH... is God (El).

Hallelujah, which is correctly pronounced ah-lay-loo-yah, and means praise (the 'h' is silent and so the first part of the word is correctly pronounced 'allelu') JAH, you people. Praise JAH, you people. Allelujah... or hallelujah. Hallel... or allel... is praise... lu... is you (plural)... and Jah.

I hope this helps you understand a few things more clearly, 'Real.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• realcourchesne
    realcourchesne

Hi Shelby,

Thank you for your reply,

They say:
    "How does Jehovah view those who remove his name from the Bible? If you were an author, how would you feel about someone who went to great lengths to remove your name from the book you authored?"

If we accept their theory for a moment that the four letters JHVH representing the name Jehovah (the Father) where replaced by the name Lord by other Bible translators, Paul would have said:

6 "But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Jehovah Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him." 1 Corinthians 8:6

And the Father himself, speaking to His Son Jesus Christ would have said:

And, Thou, Jehovah, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands. . Hebrews 1: 8-10

• God_knows
    God_knows

The Father has MANY names, Jehovah is only one of them.

Focussing on just one name does not have you is it recognising that Jesus is Lord and King that truly saves, and that He gave His life for you on a CROSS, not a STAKE.

Be careful of trying to learn the bible from reading books on the bible. It really does not work that way, and mere men often simply do not get it right.

the WT is full of false teachings, and you would be wise to avoid them. Just warning in love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit