The enigmatic mystery of the Nephilim, the Rephaim, and the Titans

by Leolaia 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

mysteries are cool...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Is there any solid archaeological evidence of a race that is much larger with a different culture than the surrounding area? Tracing these legends with actual historical records is fascinating. Much of the Old Testament suddenly makes sense when seen in this context. I find God much more likely to be present in this manner than a fundamentalist understanding of the Bible.

It attracts me greatly. We place so much emphasis on those scriptures yet our actual knowledge of the cultures is miniscule.

In my mind, the Bible is a Royal Shakesperean Company production. Cecil B. DeMile and Franco Zefferelli are strong in my imagination and fancy. I've never been to the Holy Land and still want to go. I expect it to be sparkly with special Bible dust. People tell me the Holy Land is very common.

I truly wish I had been exposed to these findings instead of the Witness view. Thank you for the information. I am grateful to learn some in the present.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Since someone else asked, what is the obsession with male foreskins? I understand phallic symbols and female fertility statutes.

Did an ancient culture really collect information concerning sanitary conditions and removal of the foreskin? It does not seem likely. Men highly value their penises and so do women. The multilation seems to signal God's power over them. It strikes me that it may be similar to a dog rolling on its back and exposing its bully, signalling complete submission.

Did any surrounding cultures practice circumcision? I also wonder why Jews have continued the practice for so many thousands of years. If grown men had to undergo circumcision I believe the practice would stop.

Do you ever view these myths/legends, actual history through a Jungian archetype view?

I find these offerings to be the most informative posts on this site.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

My goodness, what a fascinating thread!

I've always been interested in mythology and the way different and apparently unrelated cultures have correlating myths or legends.

Giants are one such. Another that particularly interest me is dragons, who appear in one form or another worldwide. I've always wondered if these are an ancient memory of dinosaurs, and if that were so then either humans go back further or dinosaurs lasted longer than anyone in modern times has yet discovered.

A thought: this thread began seven years ago. Is it the longest-lasting thread on these forums?

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

I'm currently reading Zecharia Sitchens the 12th Planet interesting stuff at least as credible as the Bible.

Regards,

Star Tiger

• shepherd
    shepherd

Congrats on a first class post. I always knew there was something odd about all the giants supposedly alive hundreds of years after they were all supposed to have been drowned in the flood. This thread may be from the past, but well worth reading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit