Anyone see Passion of the Christ yet?

by astridkittie 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• astridkittie
    astridkittie

I went to see it Thursday... and I must say... this movie had me sobbing from grief and shock. It really opened my eyes to what JC went through. You know, you always hear about him being beat 68 times with a cat of nine tails but then you look at the picture of a man with some criss crosses on his back and it just doesn't click with you that 68 times should be alot worse than that picture... when I came home after that, it was all I could do to restrain myself from burning every picture of him like that in every publication in my house, and I wouldn't have restrained myself if those publications were mine, but they're all my dub grandmother's, and I'm sure I would've been accused of having a demon in me if I had, lol. But still... I felt so much anger, like I had been robbed of fully understanding the pain he went through... and at the same time, I felt horrible, because during that movie I wanted so badly to take his place so he wouldn't have to go through all that, I felt I don't deserve this kind of sacrifice, I deserve it 10 million times and over more than he did, I even thought for some moments that I would even prefer mankind to have stayed doomed than for him to make that kind of sacrifice... I mentioned that to some friends and they gave me a really odd look, lol. It's strange... I struggle with the idea of grace, not with accepting the idea that it's true, but with wanting it, because I really don't feel like I'm worth the trouble or deserve it, correction, I know I don't, and I have issues wanting it because I know I don't deserve it and well, it's like knowing someone you really, really love is in pain because they're trying to help you. You don't really want to accept that help, you just want to suffer and deal with it just so they won't be hurting. I mean, it's over and done with, over way before I was born, and I can't do anything about it, and that just kind of upsets me more, that I can't do anything about it and never could. Which I guess makes me feel even more guilty. Ugh. It's a mess, lol.

Well, um, I guess you can tell how moving that movie was for me... I was just wondering if anyone was just as moved by it as I was. I was also really impressed by the accuracy of it compared to other films that have been made about the same subject... there were some non biblical scenes in it, but they blended in nicely without getting doctrinal or bending the story so to speak. I'm not normally one to see a movie in the theater more than once, but I'm actually considering going back to see this one again. :)

• Golf
    Golf

I don't want ruin your parade, but yours is at least the fourth post about this movie. People have been emotionally moved by this movie.

Guest 77

• astridkittie
    astridkittie

I'm sorry, I looked for other posts but actually didn't find any when I made this one. :(

• mouthy
    mouthy

astride Dont be sorry for telling us how you felt about it. That is what this board is about. I am glad it moved you my love ((((HUG))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit