ese's story - a movie of the week special

by ese 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ese
    ese

not much of as story - raised by extended family - some r jws - never got baptised cuz i always saw the doctrines of men in the "theology" - but have always had a fascination with the religion, but not any anger toward it - i know of a writer who thinks JWs and other groups are reptilian aliens and that they seriously messed with some minds - i wonder if that is true - and i read another book that was way different - it was about some jws and some non-jws it is hard to explain but it was pretty good - actually really good - i had to read it in my college contemporary humanities class -

so i am sort of like the rest of you absent the anger - and unlike those of you who no longer believe in God - i kind of would like to find a religion or a faith or an ideology that truly glorifies God - the one described in the Hebrew Bible that some of you rank on - maybe that's why i m here - maybe i m looking for God

any questions

• avishai
    avishai

Welcome, ese. I share your fascination w/ religion.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to the Board, ese!

Taking a comparative religion course might be something you'd like to do. For me, it opened my eyes to the many commonalities of religious beliefs the world over, rather than the differences. Personally, I distilled it down to: 1) There is a Source of Life, and 2) The greatest purpose of man is to learn to love most fully. #1 is hard to prove, but which I feel has been proven in my own life, which is enough for me. #2 is a difficult but rewarding task to set before oneself.

May you find your own way to glorify God.

outnfree

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi ese

You've had a few interesting posts since you joined and it sounds like you've had an interesting life thus far as well.

Your comment seems a little contradictory

never got baptised cuz i always saw the doctrines of men in the "theology" - but have always had a fascination with the religion, but not any anger toward it -
    so i am sort of like the rest of you absent the anger - and unlike those of you who no longer believe in God - i kind of would like to find a religion or a faith or an ideology that truly glorifies God - the one described in the Hebrew Bible that some of you rank on - maybe that's why i m here - maybe i m looking for God

You could see the doctrines of men in JW theology but don't see it in all other religions?

I think you will find..and I may be wrong...God does not require us to find an organized religion. I do think that everyone has to take their own journey and for some maybe organized religion is the answer for them.....

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome Ese.

i kind of would like to find a religion or a faith or an ideology that truly glorifies God...maybe i m looking for God

Such an endeavor often supplies us with important information on where not to find what we are looking for. j

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    i kind of would like to find a religion or a faith or an ideology that truly glorifies God

I was thinking of getting into SETI after I left the JWs. In my opinion, it's the only fascinating religion out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit