Why are they still using zoom

by XBEHERE 9 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
  • lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

To not piss people off at this point.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Well it's either having 40 % on zoom or 40% not attending meetings at all. I think Watchtower prefer 40% on Zoom and sell hall. There would be too much disturbance if suddenly 40% of JWs weren't counted for at meetings.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Probably the most important thing at this point is to keep people dependant and infantilized by the Borg

Thats the main objective of the Borg

To control,,mentally abuse and manipulate the $heeple.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

However, from a few ex-dubs (within various blogs and vlogs) WT wants to eventually banish/abolish this platform. Another ex-dub I know was told by a SPIMI relative that COs are now encouraging the membership to stop using it and return to in-person meetings, assemblies, conventions, and memorials. WT is worried about the amount of monies it is not receiving.

However: Just because dubs attend in person DOESN'T MEAN THAT A GOOD NUMBER OF THEM WILL DONATE! This was also a fact pre-pandemic--there were more than likely a plethora of followers who didn't donate at all (several who have become PIMQ, PIMO, and POMO). If this organization thinks that by having the parishioners come back that they will be able to get more funds, they are no doubt surely mistaken--and regardless of the GUILT TACTICS used from the platform (whether by a brother on the stage or a GBer/HLPR would give a talk as a video)!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIDDLESWIFE:

I agree that in-person meetings won't necessarily make more JWs put money in the box if they don’t want to. Just like it won’t make them donate online.

But, there are certain people in congregations who ask for $ privately in person and a few are accustomed to getting ‘green handshakes’. The Covid pandemic shutdown must have put a cramp in these JWs’ style and they must have had to get very ‘creative’ about getting money.. Also, what about brothers going around privately with an envelope approaching certain people asking for money? You can only do these things in person.. (Of course, some nervy idiot can call on the phone and ask (and I would press End Call).

Point is that being in person has its benefits for some not to mention more intrusive ‘control’ over what’s left of the tired-out rank & file JWs.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Also, what about brothers going around privately with an envelope approaching certain people asking for money?

To: LongHairGirl=> WTF?! If most of a number of congs' BOE are resorting to this type of action, they are really following/abiding by the GB's DESPERATION of getting funds. It's as if they are TRYING TO FORCE the R&F to give coin to them! Also, I heard that there are still ATMs located at CAHs and several Bethell branch offices. Also, some members have given their BOE (Cong Secretaries) router numbers to their bank accounts so that monies can be taken for donations. So, WT can have a hand in SIPHONING capital at any time they please to. I'M SO DAMN GLAD I LEFT THIS CULTPORATION!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I made a standing donation through the WT, earmarked for the local congregation, mostly because wife us pimi (mostly). When they gave away excess funds per WT instructions I deleted the deduction because I could find no way to decrease it. Then I put in a new lower amount, but noticed on the bank statement they still take the larger amount. GRRR

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIDDLESWIFE:

Sorry I wasn’t clear. What I was referring to was being privately approached by a brother asking politely if you would donate $ because a certain person in the congregation has fallen on ‘hard times’. (I wasn’t referring to them asking for $ for the religion itself.)

This happened to me years ago when I was in. They look for ‘responsible’ types who seem good natured. But, I’m talking about back then - when things were relatively good.. It was a once in a while thing.. The economy hadn’t yet collapsed and all these pioneers living on the edge hadn’t yet reached retirement age with no preparation! Can you imagine things now?

This is why I’m Glad to no longer be in the JW religion. The people who knocked me for working certainly wouldn’t be supporting me. But, yet I could guarantee some fool would be making their way over to me to ask for money for somebody who never wanted to work..I would end up telling somebody off!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

When I read your post, I got angry for several reasons.

Obviously you are donating because your family expects this… Please tell me you know enough (and are not ‘scared’) to speak up and contact the bank or whoever about this mistake! 🙄

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit