The apostle Paul was WRONGLY inspired by the H.S.: The New Covenant is NOT everlasting!

by BoogerMan 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Only its benefits will be everlasting. (for the earthly 2nd class sheep)

w80 7/1 p. 31 - Questions From Readers - Why does the November 15, 1979, issue of The Watchtower (pages 26, 27) speak of the “new covenant” being near the end of its operation, when Hebrews 13:20 speaks of this covenant as being “an everlasting covenant”?

"The Watchtower stated: "Evidently the new covenant is nearing the end of its operation for the purpose of producing 144,000 spiritual Israelites....When the last of these approved spiritual Israelites cease to be ‘men’ because of earthly death and a resurrection to a share in the heavenly kingdom, then the mediatorship of Jesus Christ will cease also. Note that The Watchtower did not say that the benefits of this new covenant would cease. Those who live on earth will benefit in an everlasting way from the fact that this new covenant fulfilled its purpose in producing 144,000 spiritual sons of God who will reign as joint heirs with Christ in the heavens."

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

OOPS!!

(Jeremiah 31:31, 33) “Look! There are days coming,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant; “For this is the covenant that I shall conclude with the house of Israel after those days,” is the utterance of Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people.144,000 immortal Melchizedek-type king/priests”

• KerryHuish
    KerryHuish

Our sin is the "ability we are born with" that of deciding for ourselves what is good and what is bad.
    This ability was taken, it was not authorized, we have this ability as a result of a trespass.
    It is this very condition - us having this unauthorized ability - that condemns us to death.

Even if we were to make all and every decision totally in line with the divine will, the fact that we are making such decisions is sin, we were not authorized to have this ability.

We do well to accept this fact, rather than trying to prove ourselves righteous from a condition that has doomed foundations:

Luke 18:9-14 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Jesus sacrifice atones for this sin, provided we humbly accept Christ as head and teacher and learn from him, as a disciple of Christ.

But the sin itself is hereditary.

We cannot un-eat the fruit of the tree that granted us this ability and neither can our children.
    Jesus sacrifice does not reverse the error but rather it allows us to truly learn what is good and bad without being condemned, provided we follow and accept Christ, then we have an atoning sacrifice for said condition.

Every person 'individually" has to accept and subject to Christ in order to be redeemed and have their sin cancelled.

Thus every person born here, forever, will need Jesus sacrifice, individually.
    The covenant is everlasting, it needs to be, in order to redeem every person that is born here, forever.

Kind Regards

Kerry Huish

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    When the last of these approved spiritual Israelites cease to be ‘men’ because of earthly death and a resurrection to a share in the heavenly kingdom, then the mediatorship of Jesus Christ will cease also.

The WT hates Jesus. The little peasant boy from nowhereville who defeated Satan and saved anyone who wanted it. And, they especially hate how simple God made it for "whosoever" to inherit everlasting life and membership into the family of God. Satan is a defeated enemy, and these kinds of scams are all he is able to do while he awaits his final home - Eternity in the Lake of Fire.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

The edifices they have built, are certainly crumbling. They have hijacked all the covenants, which is nonsensical. I have always maintained, one cannot be the figurative tribes of Israel and be governing the tribes of Israel. You are either the one or the other (Rev. 7:1-8). The leadership of Israel will fall under the kingdom covenant (Matt. 19:28; Luke 22:28-30).

Who is the Israel of God (Gal. 6:15, 16)? According to Rom. 11 Paul explained it with an olive tree. All Israel (olive tree) = Jewish remnant (natural branches) + Christians (wild olive branches): Rom. 9:27; 11:16, 17, 25-27.

The new covenant is concluded with "all Israel," which will be permanent, as indicated above (Hebr. 8:10; 13:20). It is the former covenant that will become obsolete (8:13).

So, who makes up the temple?

16 Do YOU not know that YOU people are God's temple, and that the spirit of God dwells in YOU?

17 If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] YOU people are. (1 Cor. 3:16-17; cf. 1 Cor. 6:16; Eph. 2:21, 22).

JWs insist the 144,000 make up this temple. The bad news for them is that there is no temple in heaven (Rev. 21:22). Where Revelation mentions the heavenly sanctuary, this is the tabernacle sanctuary (cf. Rev. 15:5). Another indication that the temple is on earth. The courtyard of this temple will be trampled by the nations for 42 months (Rev. 11:2).

• KerryHuish
    KerryHuish
    Who is the Israel of God (Gal. 6:15, 16)? According to Rom. 11 Paul explained it with an olive tree. All Israel (olive tree) = Jewish remnant (natural branches) + Christians (wild olive branches): Rom. 9:27; 11:16, 17, 25-27.

The nation of Israel was specifically created for the purpose of welcoming and accepting the Messiah.
    Until the Messiah's appearance, these were like branches within this coming purpose, vine dressers and cultivators of this main purpose.

Without the Christ, their role would become one without purpose as their entire future depended upon listening to him.

Acts 3:22, 23
    For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.’

Jesus spoke of himself as being a rootstock and his disciples as being the branches.

John 15:1-9 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

The Jewish nation got a little too big for its boots, thinking that somehow the root was dependent on the branches. This is probably why they had this attitude:

Luke 3:8...Don’t just say to each other, ‘We’re safe, for we are descendants of Abraham.’ That means nothing, for I tell you, God can create children of Abraham from these very stones.

The truth is, the tail does not wag the dog, it simply does not work like that.
    The Jews wanted the Christ to serve them in a way they they seemed fit.
    When this was not panning out for them the way they had imagined they sought to kill him and take what he had.

In view of this, Jesus said this to them:

Matthew 21:33-45
    “Listen to another parable: There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a winepress in it and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and moved to another place. When the harvest time approached, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his fruit “The tenants seized his servants; they beat one, killed another, and stoned a third. Then he sent other servants to them, more than the first time, and the tenants treated them the same way. Last of all, he sent his son to them. ‘They will respect my son,’ he said. “But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him and take his inheritance.’ So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?” “He will bring those wretches to a wretched end,” they replied, “and he will rent the vineyard to other tenants, who will give him his share of the crop at harvest time.” Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:“ ‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes’ ? “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.” When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them.

When this "wicked Jewish nation" rejected Christ, there was a need for a new nation to be created, a fresh start. Those among them who would listen to and accept this Christ had to abandoned Jerusalem and its ways, becoming Christians.

Since the 1st century, there has come into being a new Israel.
    This new Israel it is not a place, it is a people - a true Israel of God.

Kind Regards

Kerry Huish

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Every Bible writer was wrong.

Even the ones who were right.

🤪

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit