As another Xmas approaches...

by snare&racket 9 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I hope everyone here is well and staying strong X

Another year, another year with no Armageddon.

I have noticed the JW pals and family become more frenzied of late, small things in the news wind them up and make them more hysterical than ever. The events in Paris were horrendous, but to a JW they mean the end is near...........why wasn't it near when Chechnya was in the shit? Or Kosovo? Or Tibet? Such small minded, localised thinking that sums up nicely the danger of being uninterested in information and world events. An old JW pal of mine attempted to highlight the events in Paris (in case I missed them?) in the context of the world going to hell.... I brought up Ghengis Khan raping, pillaging, head spiking and murdering his way across the world and how it was neither new or prophetic, we went on to talk about cars.....

I was fortunate enough to bump into two pioneers in the high street in Cardiff. They were very grumpy and found my friendly open nature very threatening, they told me they were in a Chinese congregation here. I asked how it was going? Terrible they said! I asked if it was likely because of the Internet and access to information..."Maybe. But we think it is because they have all become materialistic now!" was the answer. I asked them if they were not happy to see hundreds of millions of people now have access to the same way of life we have enjoyed for decades? Keep in mind they were well dressed, capitalist to the end without realising it, true ....consumers. They just shrugged.

So another year goes by, the world changes, the Watchtower and JW's are more defensive, more fanatical than ever. It is almost like, as the world, the REAL world, holds up a mirror for them to see just who they are and how they are behaving, their answer is to retreat into a more bizarre stance. They wear the coat of "odd ball" with open pride now. It really is quite a different religion and different attitude to what I grew up with. Far more bizarre and strange......almost creepy.

But enough about my insignificant thoughts and observations, I hope everyone here is ok. I have not been here very often at all. I came to look at the RC findings and they are very telling.

i also want to wish and hope everyone has an awesome Christmas. If you have kids and are wondering whether this is they year to have that first Xmas or not...... JUST DO IT! Every Christmas lost is lost forever, that's a year with your kid you can't get back. As a JW kid who left and grew up, trust me, they all count.

To everyone who is having Xmas, have an awesome time, get the dec's up, get the lights up, get the prezzies out! Go mad!

The people here are some of the bravest, smartest, strongest and ironically funniest, I have met. Be proud of who you are, what you have been through and what you survived this Christmas !

Have an awesome holiday season xxxx

snare X

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Um, Christmas is pagan!!!!!

LOL

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Thank you 😃

Merry christmas lovely poster!🎄

Couldn't agree more about the grumpee JW's being suspicious of friendliness - who would have guessed the breathlessly happy JW's of the 70's & early 80's would have turned into the surly street vendors of 2015 who give you the evil eye if you approach their trolley!

• jambon1
    jambon1

I note the hysteria in both their general attitude and their TV productions etc.

From top to bottom, it's as if people realise that they've invested so much time in the religion (essentially, their lives) and they just CANNOT accept the folly of everything that they have become as people and as a religion

Even in the face of logical, coherant argumentation, I've been told by two or three JW's recently - "well that's what I believe, like it or lump it. It comforts me so leave it alone"

No argument back. No defence of their beliefs. Just fingers in the ears and holding on tight to the comfort blanket.

Laughable.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Happy Christmas Snare. Lovely to hear from you. My daughter and I will be off to by a gorgeous-smelling tree to brighten our home as soon as she gets home from uni. Can't wait, miss her so much. Have a good one! 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
  • carla
    carla
    Merry Christmas! Hope you have a lovely holiday!
  • mrquik
    mrquik
    I remember Christmas at home before my mother got us caught up in this cult. Now, I'm making up for lost time. Just bought & installed new lights on the house. I'm using the old ones to hang on the trees out front. My Christmas shopping is down to throwing cash at the wife. This seems to work pretty well. Her & her friends got up at 3:00 AM to shop on "Black Friday". Damn pagans.......
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, before they rant about the costs of Christmas, let's examine how much they were urged to waste this past spring going to Israel for a stupid two week mission. Those who went are probably going to be paying for it long after Christmas would have been paid off.

Yes, I have been doing Christmas this year. Lights are up, and I have bought some new ones to freshen things up (new ornaments, too). Most are still in prime condition, so the few I buy just freshen things up. The amount of money I spend on Christmas is probably less than the amount the average jokehovian is expected to throw away on a Big Boasting Session (one day). And those idiots that wasted the time and money doing that Israel mission this past spring have no right to whine about the cost of Christmas or boast about how much they save not doing it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Nice to hear from you, Snare - how's the practicing of medicine going? It was you who became a qualified doctor wasn't it?

Have a nice Christmas, too!

LUHE

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hey Snare,

Thanks for checking in. I post less frequently too. I hear that junior doctors are disputing pay and conditions. I hope you all get something reasonable to reflect your educational efforts and debts.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit