My dream about dying early.

by UpAndAtom 6 Replies latest jw friends

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

I had a dream in which I was in a large auditorium - it was crowed with many people... heck it was FULL. Then God walks onto the stage below and thanks us all for coming. It was a light-heated meeting of sorts.. but also had the feeling of business-like efficiency. God asked us all to direct our attention to the seat number in front of us, then explained that this seat number is the age when will die. I looked around the large auditorium and was surprised at just how many people recieved this information too. Within my dream I also noted that although I was in the middle, my seat number was only 42. Apparently everyone had a different number.

I don't remember feeling bad about it at the time... although it does play on my mind now that I'm getting older.

Has anyone else had dreams in which they were directly interacting with Jesus or God? Maybe they really DO have the time to talk to us.

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

Hi, I read in a dream dictionary that death in dreams symbolizes a change in your life. In other words you die to one set of beliefs or a lifestyle and are reborn to another. Instead of thinking of this as a spooky dream it is a signal from your unconscious that you are ready to move on. The number isn't necessarily your age either. It could signify something else.

I dreamed last night that a brother who was a friendly elder was talking to me and assuring me that I could return to the congregation and be treated very well. Then we went to my house where my brothers and sisters were cleaning out a dusty room full of cobwebs.I woke up and wondered if it was a sign I should return to the hall but my rational mind realized that returning to the congregation would be hard and miserable. I realized it was about something else going on in my life, a new activity that was making me feel comfortable and wanted. The room was about getting my life together.Meditate a while on your dream and you will come to know its true meaning. It must be important to keep getting your attention.

I think God is talking to us all the time. If we don't pay attention to the whispers of our dreams God will get our attention somehow.

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

PS. I am a newbie here of course. Can anyone tell me how to change the color of the text and highlight. I have right clicked and left clicked and cannot get it to change. For some reason it is set on red and yellow. Thanks.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Well, I didn't think that others had similar dreams. I thought I was imagining things, and so I kept to myself about it. But here's my experience. A few nights ago, I was sitting all alone in my living room, doing basically nothing. I have no family and more friends, since I was recently df'd. So I was spacing out, and I could feel 'someone' calling me. I didn't know what was happening to me, and decided to go there. My mind went blank and my vision blurred. Then there were bright lights, but I couldn't make anything out. There was no verbal communication, but more of a 'telepathy' communication. What I experienced is hard to describe, but it was peaceful. It was as if someone was needing me to accomplish something for them, or to do something in behalf of some one else. My life has been hell in the last year. Divorce, df'd, loss of children, friends, depresssion. And now I feel like I have some kind of purpose in life, though it's not clearly defined as of yet.

Maybe I shouldn't stay up so late and drink so much wine?

• shotgun
    shotgun

Go back in there and call ticketmaster and change your seat to a nosebleed. To hell with the view!

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Hmmm.. particlesnwaves5. I feel a bit better now, I never really looked at it that way. I suppose there could be another message in there.

...puternut: Now that's interesting. Personally I love being open to alternative possabilities. I think God can speak to us sometimes... although in my case it seems very seldom. Maybe I'm just a bad listener?

Hey... on a different topic; I was sorry to hear about your family split... sounds awful. I grew up with my mother telling me bad things about my dad all the time... I even believed some of it. However, my Dad NEVER once forgot a Christmas or Birthday of mine. There were MANY times I forgot him, ignored him and just didn't care. Despite the fact I hardly ever saw him, he never forgot me, nor gave up on me. He never pressured me, he never argued with me, he never pointed out my wrong ways, and probably most importantly he never said anything bad about my mum (despite the fact she was always saying things about him). Actually my Dad's a bit quiet anyways... but you know what?? It really worked. As I matured, I slowly began to realize just what a nice guy my Dad really was. I hope your kids can mature too (slowly) and see you for who you really are... and just not what they have been told (or taught). It might take many years... but you'll win in the end. I'm sure of that. There's no substitute for a father's love.. there just isn't any... ever!

• Purple
    Purple

When I was growing up I had a premonition that I would die by my 30th birthday. When I was 28 I was diagnosed with Diabetes type 2. My first thought was aha! So this is what is going to kill me. Whilst it almost did I was older than 30. Infact soon I turn 39 EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW why did I put that in writing?????????????????????

I often have dreams about death and not long after something major changes or I move on.

Death is a part of life too, everyday infact if we only look around and realise it. I think its only natural to feel our own mortality and wonder when it will happen to us. Heck sometimes I think we would even galdly accept it taking us if the circumstances are right!

I wouldnt worry about it too much. Even if it were to come true you only have today anyway so make the most of it. God speaking to you hey?? DOnt tell a shrink you may get more attention than you ever wanted on that one!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit