Serena not celebrating Valentines Day, like countless others

by carla 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Yet another Serena Williams story about her not celebrating a holiday. She claims she is a jw even though most here say she is not because she wasn't baptized. Someone ought to do a real story on her hypocrisy. Sometimes I just click on the story to see the comments. I wonder what the gb think of her or if she donates enough money they don't care?

Dean says-Serena is a Jehovah's Witness. They do not believe in men and women not related even spending the night under the same roof. They do not believe in out of wedlock sex. they obviously do not accept out of wedlock pregnancy. Same sex marriages are forbidden. Abortion is considered murder, homosexuality is a serious sin. Marrying a non-believer is a serious offense. Modesty in dress is important. They believe that they are the only true faith.

Sarah - Dean — You left off that they’re insane.

Ponkis - The real reasons for not celebrating Valentine's day is because she is a member of a cult that controls people and she is the type that let other people control her.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/serena-williams-explains-why-she-200800846.html

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Serena is a fool and a hypocrite. No wonder she makes such a great JW.

Too bad she did not explain to her husband that she could not have sex before marriage.

You just can't make this stuff up. lol

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

I dont get what she thinks is the upside of claiming to be a JW even though she is not?

• LV101
    LV101

She probably lines their pockets. It works -- contribute monthly (weekly/daily/whatever) plus in the other fleece-boxes and no worries. The ole bats (an elderette or 2) that can't manipulate you for work (or your teenager for their son/daughter) will try to play abusive (or a rogue elder whose loser kid caught stealing from you) but the rest of the cult management team lies low. I could write a book having served the shortage time in history -- felt life a lifetime of horror.

I agree - Serena is a "fool" and delusional re/her faith/money. Hopefully she's throwing money to feed the hungry -- doing something worthwhile.

• The 12 Apostates
    The 12 Apostates
    Dean says-Serena is a Jehovah's Witness. They do not believe in men and women not related even spending the night under the same roof. They do not believe in out of wedlock sex. they obviously do not accept out of wedlock pregnancy. Same sex marriages are forbidden. Abortion is considered murder, homosexuality is a serious sin. Marrying a non-believer is a serious offense. Modesty in dress is important. They believe that they are the only true faith.

Valentine's day is about love, and that's what they really don't believe in. There's nothing loving about armageddon.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about the temper tantrum that thing threw upon losing the tennis match? Not only the "cheating", but the racket smashing. And the worst of it was calling the lost point unfair, crying racism and sexism for this. The coaching incident could have been a mistake, and the smashed racket could have been impetuous. But going after the referees was not a simple mistake or impetuous act, but a full-blown temper tantrum.

Wouldn't that episode have been grounds for being disfellowshipped? You know, for "fits of anger"?

• The 12 Apostates
    The 12 Apostates

I'm sure she 'repented', if you know what I mean $$$.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, Serena Williams doesn't celebrate Valentine's Day ... meh.

• newsheep
    newsheep

Bethel goes along with it since she is the only one I know of that was allowed to do a tour with her dog all throughout the entire headquarter$$$$$$$$$$$. They are all a bunch of hypocrites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit