Got me bloody well thinking...

by Max Divergent 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

I was visiting at a hospital and was in the elevator with a patient who was being transfused with a bag of bright red blood on the way back from an operation; I was mildly surprised to see the patient was old Sister Barbara who used to have our book study at her house!

I guessed it was Cell Saver blood as it's deemed OK against Acts 15, but it was still weird to see a Sis getting a blood transfusion. It got me to thinking how a simple statement in Acts (and the other scriptures) could be the source of so many (illogical but un-challengeable/un-discussable) rules and fine distinctions (enforced by strict penalties) as defined and amended from time to time in The Watchtower...

Possibilities

The research that came as a result of that and other things led me down the road of pondering (my navel and) some possibilities about life and the universe and everything...

1. Jehovah exists just as he's described by the WTS (in which case I'll take the Second Death thanks... no eternity under the Elders for me please...)

2. Jehovah exists but the WTS are just one of the (more conservative/simple) ways of worshiping Him (suits some, not me)

3. Jehovah doesn?t exist, or exists but is very different to how the WTS describe Him (which amounts to the same thing for all practical purposes)

I reckoned that given those possibilities, leaving the JW's was a no-brainer really.

In the end, like at the [figurative] Pearly Gates :-), it really wouldn?t matter... and once that idea sets foot, it defeats one of their central control points for adherents - they say it matters (in an eternal sense) if you leave, when it probably doesn?t (except for the family and other human traumas...).

Thank god I?m out... nearly five years now.

Take care, Max

(I think I posted somthing similar once before)

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Pm me please

• dustyb
    dustyb

i was told by some other elder that it was okay to take purified cows blood because it was becoming a common practice. so whatever happened to them using "you must drain a carcass' of all its blood before you consume it" (something to that effect). I like the laughs, it makes my day brighter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit