Update on elder's visit

by OrangeBlossom 4 Replies latest jw friends

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

Last Saturday I posted that the elders keep coming by to "encourage" us. Well Saturday came and went without a visit. But wouldn't you know it, Sunday morning as I am trying to enjoy a nice breakfast with the family, the doorbell rang. Pissed me off, but this time the husband was home so I told him to go talk to them and tell them that being raised in the borg, we know what we should be doing and don't need them to tell us, which he did. (BTW, what we should be doing is staying the hell away from them, but I can't help how they might have understood that). I stayed in the bedroom. They agreed that there wasn't anything they could say to us that we didn't already know.

Anyway, we had already planned on going to the KH that day (only for the purpose of keeping mumsy happy) which we did. I also had gone to the Thursday meeting last week. 2 in a row, what was I thinking!!! I was shocked at how few were there. Thursday night there were only about 60 people (congregation has at least 120 publishers) and Sunday there were 90 for the talk, even less for the WT study. The CO is coming around sometime this month so I predict some ass-whoopings.

I'm going to try to go to every meeting until after his visit so they won't feel the need to bring him over for a shepherding call. After that I will ease off gradually.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Way to go, OB!

I just finished reading your other thread late last night. Glad you found something that worked for you!

Looking forward to enjoying your s-l-o-w f--a---d----e!

outnfree

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Next time you talk to them, make them VERY aware that you would appreciate a telephone call at least, if not an appointment where they can drop by.

Drives them crazy. They only did it once with me after that.

Slipnslidemaster: Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

OrangeBlossom,

I wander what ass is going to whip first?

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Blossom,
    Your post really cracked me up!! Good you still can have a great sense of humor.
    You could always hide. That's what I used to do!!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit