Prince 'heaps reproach' on Watchtower Bible & Tract Society

by Nathan Natas 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4293703.html

College kid says Prince bodyguard swiped his camera after snapping shot C.J., Star Tribune

Published December 30, 2003 CJ30

Prince's bodyguard reportedly played the role of airport Scrooge Monday when he swiped an Edina man's new digital camera. Anthony Fitzgerald, 19, was on his way to London for New Year's when his friend Carah Barrett said "Oh, isn't that Prince?" Symbolina was deplaning near an L.A. flight, the college kids believe. "Sure enough, it was him in his sunglasses and everything trying to make a big deal out of nothing," said Fitzgerald, reached Tuesday via cell phone. "There was one of those carts waiting for him. He hopped on that and was waiting I guess for the rest of his party. I went over and took a picture," said Fitzgerald. "I turned around and right in front of my face was his bodyguard who said What the hell do you think you're doing? Snatched the camera out of my hands and got on the thing and they drove off." I attempted to get Prince's side of the encounter Tuesday through his NYC attorney Londell McMillan. "We do have a report of it," said Lt. Matt Christenson of the Twin Cities airport. "The report is still in process and under investigation." Fitzgerald said "I called (airport police) as I was on the plane, and they wanted to delay the plane so I could fill out a police report. I didn't want to hold up 109 people. I told them when I came into Minnesota I would do it then." Fitzgerald's mom, Michelle Lee, said she called to make a complaint with airport police, but she was told that her son needs to finish this. "It's on file," Lee said. "First I call, talked to security, and security said we can't do anything. I said, 'Don't tell me you can't do anything about it. This is ridiculous!' This is a good kid." Fitzgerald was a very upset kid when he called his mom from the airport while she was working her server job at Bacio in Minnetonka. Fitzgerald, seen in a holiday Walmart commercial playing with an X-Box, goes to KU in Lawrence, Kansas while Barrett attends NDSU in Fargo. "Here is a college kid who works at Russell Stover down in Lawrence for like $7 an hour; part-time job while he's going to school; second year down there. Come on. He doesn't have money," said his mom, reiterating, "I mean, this is a good kid. Never been in trouble. Super kid and just really likes Prince." Make that liked Prince. Fitzgerald said he previously thought pain and suffering claims in lawsuits were silly, until now: "It surprised me. It really just shocked me because this man appears out of nowhere and yanked the camera out of my hand." After work Monday, Lee went home and started working the Web to see whether there is a way to reach Prince. "He's like wiped off the face of the Earth. Nothing on the Internet. Couldn't get ahold of Paisley Park. Nothin'," said Lee. But she knows Paisley's location. "When I get off work at Bacio today, I'm heading out there. I'm leaving him A NOTE!" she said. "I'm furious. I want my son's camera back. That is wrong and dirty. Who does this big goon think he is?" Is this anyway for a door-knocking member of Jehovah's Witnesses to allow his representatives to act?

C.J. is at 612-332-TIPS or at [email protected], where she never opens attachments. So don't even try. It would be wise to state a subject if you want her to actually open your e-mail. More of this fine attitude can be viewed on FOX9 Thursday mornings.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

What has this got to do with Prince "heaping reproach on the WBTS"????

Bleat Bleat Bleat. Maybe the kid will think next time before he shoves a camera in someones face without asking.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Our local newspaper has an article about the "The Worst & Best of Everything" for 2003. Prince is on there as one with the Worst Career Move. He ("A Committed Jehovah's Witness")a was found knocking on the front of a Minneapolis couple trying to convert them! The woman said, "Left us a pamphlet. He didn't do anything wrong. He was kind." Prince they left in a waiting car and didn't appear to stop at any other houses.

It must have been toward the end of the month.....had hurry and put some time in.Nervous 2

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hi Lost Diamond. You obviously live in the Puget Sound region as I do. I read that little excerpt in the Parade insert in the Seattle Times. I was thinking the same things as you....he probably needed something to put on his time slip for the month. I wonder if he takes everyone out in service in a limo.....I'm sure whatever he drives is very nice....do you think any of the other dubs give him gas money???

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup
    Prince 'heaps reproach' on Watchtower Bible & Tract Society

I don't think Prince heaps one-tenth of the reproach on The Society as The Society heaps on themselves! Too bad Parade didn't mention that!

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit