Why JWs Can't Cope With The Real World

by Vanderhoven7 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

No clue how I got this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tRGaVbqlx9e9Qv7bEGvmP0742TpawG3VFkh1EIfqePE/edit?usp=drivesdk

TOP TEN REASONS

(Why) JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES CAN'T COPE with the REAL WORLD

1. The WatchTower Organization denies access to reality, substituting its OWN propaganda version instead

1. Only Watchtower approved publications are allowed.

2. No higher education is to be pursued.

3. No non-JW friends or associations are encouraged with worldly "outside" POV.

4. No free-style questioning of doctrine is permitted nor is constructive criticism.

5. Threat of being "marked" or disassociated is wielded to discourage insubordinates.

2. Between every real-world event and the JW's mind, a roadblock has been placed.

1. The interpretive moment of free thought is interrupted by RE-LABELING in Watchtower-speak, jargon, and doctrinal rhetoric substituted.

2. World events are twisted into a narrow storyline and propagandized as End Times signs leading to Armageddon.

3. Individual tastes for Personal IDENTITY are expunged and replaced by a collective PERSONA. You are not yourself. You are to be viewed as a representative and example.

1. Private thinking is red-flagged as selfish and sinful.

2. Personal ambition is crushed. Only door-to-door ministry substituted as "worthy" endeavors. Beards and tight-pants are glaring demonstrations of satanic ego.

3. JW’s are coerced into a public spectacle of theocratic performance for judgement.

4. No individual is allowed a right to fall in love and marry or educate or earn without prior approval. You are the property of the Kingdom Hall and the Governing Body.

4. Both History and Future cease to be objective occurrences

1. Every human endeavor is judged as to whether it is part of Jehovah's Plan

2. Great Leaps of advancement for humanity are disregarded and minimized.

c. Terrorist atrocities are proof positive of a Satanic doomed world.

d. Individual triumphs and tragedies have no particular value; only Armageddon matters.

5. Talent, Creativity and Genius are transformed into useless ego obsessions.

1. No personal achievement is praiseworthy since all glory is for Jehovah only.

2. Neither Musical, Artistic, Scientific or Mathematical ability is encouraged because the preaching activity supersedes all else.

3. Critical Thinking leads to skepticism and eventual disfellowshipping. Even intelligence itself is marked as suspicious.

6. Ignorance, poverty, disease and psychological disturbance are NOT worthwhile for charity, education or institutional tasking for JW's.

1. Building hospitals or colleges diverts precious time away from the JW ministry. Besides, Paradise implies repair and perfection anyway.

2. Becoming a physician, social worker, volunteer in the community or joining any established task-oriented organization DISTORTS rather than solves human problems because Armageddon is coming quickly anyway.

3. Humanitarian activity, disaster relief and institutional charity promote secular and false-religious creeds instead of Jehovah's solutions.

4. Personal financial concerns aren't important to the congregation. Your finances are a symptom of End Times eventuality, not a focus of brotherly remedy.

7. Human perception is untrustworthy, corrupted by sin and worldliness

1. Only thoughts which come from official Governing Body writings are safe.

2. Personal opinions, life experience and original analysis constitute hubris and running ahead of Jehovah's plan for his people.

3. Calling attention to doctrinal irregularity, questioning "new light" and repeated calls for clarification red-flag spiritual weakness and danger.

8. There are no "Good" people in any other religion. If they were good they'd join Jehovah's Witnesses.

1. The appearance of goodness, charity, benevolence and selfless devotion to others by Catholics, Baptists, Buddhists or other religious types is only an artificial misunderstanding of Jehovah's permanent solutions to mankind's true problem: sin and death.

2. Most do-gooders are religious fakes, imposters and money-grubbing charlatans who should be exposed and not admired.

3. There is no one good except Jehovah anyway

9. Everything you read, see, experience and think is a distortion by Satan for the purpose of deflecting you from Jehovah's TRUTH.

1. Watchtower study replaces corrupt images, thoughts and ideas with clean, purified and approved replacements.

2. The human heart is desperate and corrupt. What you "feel" is probably sin and not compassion. Don't trust yourself to know anything.

3. The entire world is in the control and power of invisible demonic forces hellbent on destroying humanity

10. Doubting Jehovah's organization isn't the result of logic or awareness of errors

1. They never said they were perfect or inspired or prophetic

2. Jehovah eventually repairs any damage (Wait on Jehovah)

3. Disloyalty to the Organization is disloyalty to Jehovah himself. Armageddon will settle that score.

In view of the Ten reasons above, there can be no doubt that the Organization has completely REMOVED REALITY from JW awareness.
    _________

Being denied a right to reality is to have one's mind taken hostage.

Without thinking your own thoughts you cannot ever be an actual real person.

The group thinks FOR you and instructs you what to do and say and how to be.

Without that GROUP there is only doubt, emptiness, and longing to be cocooned by the "other" and cradled away from fear.
    ________

Why it is hard to break free?

You wonder why JW family member won't listen to reason?

You wonder why the obvious isn't at all obvious?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES CAN'T ABIDE REALITY.

For them......it isn’t allowed to exist!

• iXav
    iXav

Good points @Vandenhoven7

That said, this is only relating to the JW vs the World.

The only time a JW will be in the same reality as everyone one is when it comes to something like Sex (too good to resist). There is a reason why many are Df every year. The force is too strong.

Another reality is when they see/feel injustice from within the organization, it jolts them back to reality. the reason why some left the org.

Apart from the indoctrination, some JWs like to deny reality when it suits them or when they are putting on an appearance of holiness inside the congregation.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN7:

All good points. But, I don’t really believe ALL Witnesses adhered to every one of them.

I think a lot of Witnesses might have disagreed with some things in the list but kept it to themselves. Reading all this though, I can understand how born-ins can really be messed up. The expectations are absolutely outrageous. I’m so grateful I wasn’t raised in the religion and came in as a young working adult.

It was SO obvious to me that too many of the younger JWs (my peers at the time) weren’t in reality about financial things and the planning that normal people take for granted. The older people in the congregation were more wise but unfortunately kept it to themselves OR worse yet tried to discourage younger JWs from looking out for themselves financially because it was more in keeping with the party line.

Too many of the younger JWs that I saw were in la la land on this issue and I remember speaking my mind about it and got put-downs and the old argument about ‘faith’ (which means do nothing). I’m very happy today that I never listened to any of these people!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Good points iXav and LHG!

I wonder if the author was thinking of the more exemplary JWs, i.e., the sheep-like ones.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Being a JW is really a F@#ked up life.

Only ones that benefit($) is the Org.

• iXav
    iXav

Being a JW is really a F@#ked up life.

Only ones that benefit($) is the Org.

It's a business and even those at the top are also victims of a corrupt system in which they found themselves. They don't have an easy way out even if they want to leave.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Quite a good analysis of the JWS religious cult and how it mentally effects people who get involved in it.

This cult mentally entraps people psychologically by using fear, obligation and guilt and by exploiting human ignorance on many levels, such as promoting the distribution of literature and cultivating money.

It is very corrupt and I think became that way because the top leaders of the religion were also executive directors of religoius publishing house, which no doubt influenced the created doctrines which were inherently corrupt and dishonest but commercially advantageous.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The WT leadership wouldn't have a prayer if they tried coping with the "real world".

Why would rank-and-file loyalists be any different?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit