"How JWs differ from other Christians:" now on Google News

by Sugar Shane 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

PLEASE post some comments on this news-site! It's not a bad piece of journalism, but there are definitely some gaps that need to be filled.

The pro-JW apologists have already started posting on it! Here's the link: http://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/christianity/the-jehovahs-witnessess-religion-and-how-they-differ-from-other-christians

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The article seems very unbiased. I'm satisfied with the info.

DY

• carla
    carla

They believe Jesus Christ is the key to salvation? really? since when?

I remember some quotes from the wt's that state being a jw is the key to having any hope (no guarantee) of salvation.

I have heard of comment made by jw's that snear at the mere thought of Jesus. They might give lip service and say He is their 'king' but in the end they really don't give Him much thought. More reverence is given to the gb and the org at large.

• carla
    carla

I forgot to add that the article completely left out the shunning, jc's, blood, pedophilia, no voting, no YMCA, etc....

Last Sunday's wt about shunning would be perfect to educate the public about the reality of jw's.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Carla,

Other 'Christian' faiths, no all of course, do have these same issues you mentioned; so, it's not just a JW thing.

The piece is very neutral. Liked it.

DY

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I just want to hear any of you who are undercover but active JW's say 'Jesus is Lord' in a comment or a talk and see what happens.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Lol Faye,

Even the GB downplay Jesus by calling him their "big brother". Not their Lord, head, savior, husbandry owner, or King ... but "big brother". How's that for minimalization?

You know like I know, anyone acknowledging "Jesus is Lord" out loud in a KH meeting would get labeled "mental". Even if they added, "to the glory of God the Father". Whooooo hoooo, that would be fun times if a JW actually said such!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Lieu - "...anyone acknowledging 'Jesus is Lord' out loud in a KH meeting would get labeled 'mental'..."

Hmph.

Takes one to know one. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit