Break a promise okay with watchtower?

by punkofnice 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

15:4. Unless we come to the realization that we have made an unscriptural promise, we should do all we can to fulfill our word, even if it is very difficult to do so.

• Highlights From Book One of Psalms

What is an 'unscriptural promise'?

What do you think of this?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Keep loyal to us no matter if the information or teachings we present steps out of rational truthful adherence to the bible or any outside relative information.

In other words being loyal to us is being loyal to Jehovah because we present the most truthful interpretation of his word, no matter what.

We think we have been coerced by deceptive alluring false teachings but your not privileged enough to know how or why.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

this is the propaganda in the May 'workbook' for the r&f.

It struck me that a 'promise' is expendable if it doesn't further the interests of the corporation. appeal to authority, using the bible in this way? I can't see the scripture actually says about an unscriptural promise.....this is the corporation saying this.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken
    Nice catch, punk.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

Its just MORE of the same, mind control garbage that the cult uses. In other words, you do NOT have to be a person of your word, if you can find some "scriptural loophole", you can get out of your promises. You can find almost ANY quirky, outdated, archaic, biblical story, somewhere in the bible, that you could "use" to get you out of a promise.

Well what ever happened to, "let your YES mean YES, and your NO mean NO". See, I just used a scripture to further MY point. This is what these JW's do, and it comes right from the top. They use MAN made interpretations to "swing" their horrible, shady actions, into the light of justification to do whatever they want.

They all have their "pet" scriptures that they use to justify that they just screwed you over, SCUMBAGS. This is what the GB does EVERDAY, and to EVERY member of the CULT. They use their interpretations, of the scriptures THEY only choose, to control what THEY want.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks, for you comments finkle, EOHB. Dunedain.

On the surface of it the watchtower comment seems innocuous and 'righteous'. However, imagine what the corporation can do with such a quote.

I think it's as significant as 'theocratic warfare(tm)'.

• Lieu
    Lieu

An unscriptual promise is telling people if they hang out with only you following your crazy unscriptual rules, they can make it into a paradise earth.

Promise

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Lieu - Too true Lieu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit