"New light"?

by winstonchurchill 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

This prophecy was given in 612 B.C.E.,

Except for the fact that Ezekiel was born in 622 BC, so that would make him 10. Who can believe Washtowell cronology anymore? It's almost as if they created a parallel reality to fit all of their made up dates.

• Listener
    Listener
    Good pick up Londo. The man with the inkhorn used to be the anointed. Now all of the anointed, other than the GB are demoted once again, they are just domestics along with the GC.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Fisherman;

''So I guess baptism is no longer the "mark for survival".

Expect more fear-inducing talks at the upcoming A$$emblies and Conventions this summer. Last year on the Saturday part they had a talk placed squarely on brothers ''who were not reaching out and following Christ at a distance''.

I look for something similar if not more fear mongering the rank and file in ''not doing enough'', ''it's not enough''. I expect the rank and file to just lap it up and go into more depressed mode about ''not making it''.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can take their "new light" from their new squiggly thing and shove it. Why would I want "salvation" in this form? I understand the jokehovian witless religion is a religion of damnation, not just for the adherents but for the whole planet. I only need the light of the Sun to see this, not some stupid squiggly thing.

And yes, I did the horrible thing of getting baptized. As for Satan stopping people from doing this, where was He when I was on my way into the cancer? And where was Astaroth? Had they been working on me during the 6 months before my initial call through the time I got baptized instead of blowing me off, I never would have gone into this cancer in the first place. And the saying "Satan is working hard to get you disfellowshipped"--another no show? Without being accepted by Satan and Astaroth, salvation is totally pointless--and going back in is a form of slow but certain suicide for your soul.

But, at least use astrology to minimize collateral damage. Putting in 6 hours a month, or something that reduces to 6, will tie in with the energy of Saturn. Could you somehow make that back up into the washtowel, creating extra problems for them? Field circus while Mercury is retrograde or the moon is void of course is likely to be fruitless. You still waste your time, but at least you do not get anyone else damned. Donating anything? If you are going to, at least do so on a Saturday so the energy of Saturn is involved to create extra problems for the washtowel. Never donate on Sunday (the energy of the Sun is wasted on this cult) or Thursday (do you want Jupiter to expand the cult?).

• Mephis
    Mephis

Wrote something elsewhere, but this prophecy was one of Rutherford's initial explanations for how there could be an anointed class and a great crowd (Jehu class and Jehonadab class).

Changing it to an 'end of times' prophecy makes even less sense, using JW beliefs, because now the anointed are passive observers to a 'marking'. The idea that those marked are active JWs becomes even more ridiculous when you realise none of those marked are even outside of Jerusalem (which was once considered Christendom) nor doing much more than 'groaning' about conditions.

The logical conclusion to the new interpretation is that you don't have to be an active JW, just unhappy with how the world is, to be marked. They try to deny that in their new interpretation but there's absolutely nothing in Ezekiel 9 to suggest that those 'marked' do anything but get 'marked'. And you have to wonder how this latter day Ezekiel is outside of events in Jerusalem without a rapture style event.

This is the problem they have with picking apart Russell and Rutherford. They're relying on the 'sheep' being too dim, or too fearful, to point out how it's all falling apart. But if you're still inside and believing, you bought overlapping generations so...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Simply put, it is just more FOG (Fear, Obligation, Guilt)

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

During my lifetime, baptism was never the mark for survival! That was jyst a sign that was supposed to show your giving your life to god, to do his will. Baptism is just a sign that you claim something. The other sign, is proof that god says, you really, do his will and get his promised reward!

That sign was always a part of the man with the ink horn! And isn't a type antitype thing!

Dwain

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Get baptized! Commit! Spend all your available time (and your unavailable time, FTM) associating, studying, praying, servicing, and attending...

x

...but remember, even that won't guarantee you a seat on the Ark..."

x

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    winstonchurchill
    So I guess baptism is no longer the "mark for survival".

The same WT on page 26 § 13 shows us the "mark for survival":

STAY in the ORGANIZATION

An even greater mistake would be to allow the faults of others to stumble us and cause us to leave Jehovah’s organization. Were that to happen, we would lose not only the privilege of doing God’s will but also the hope of life in God’s new world.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't see any nu-light as far a baptism is concerned. To gain life you must:

1) React favorably to a Dubs rehearsed, 3-4 minute, life-saving sales pitch.

2) Bring your life into harmony with "The Truth."

3) Get baptized as a J-Dumb.

That's the same crap as always, no matter who the guy with the ink-horn is said to be. What's new about having to be in "The Ark/ Org" to survive the BIG A??

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit