Was I mean?

by KKLUV155 5 Replies latest jw friends

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

I think I did something mean the other day. Some JW ladies had been visiting my friends house for a while now leaving the mags. My friend doesn't want to tell them to get lost b/c she is too nice. So the other day the JW ladies came by to leave her the most recent mags. I asked my friend can I have them she said yes. Before the ladies could leave I walked to the trash can and stared them in the face as I threw them in the can. I turned around and walked inside. Would you guys consider that mean?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think mean is something you do to a person. Your friend already had the magazines and you asked if you could have them. What you did with them after that was your business. IMO they belong exactly where you put them.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

It wasn't mean; and it wasn't kind. It takes time for the anger to settle, and to begin cultivating a more gentle understanding towards the Witnesses. They are just victims after all. I wouldn't let what you did bother me. Gentleness and kindness begins with ourselves. j

• Sassy
    Sassy

I remember once when I just a youth, I was going door to door and we left an old magazine in the doors of those not home. One woman came home before we finished the building and must have found the magazine in her door for she came out after us and got in our face and threw the magazine on the ground and smashed it there with her foot and screaming at us, showing her discontent. To be honest it was traumatic for me. Her anger was so evident and the way she handled herself was meant to show it upon us. It was experiences like that which stuck in my mind and never left me, causing me to be fearful and tramatized everytime I went in service, wondering if someone would show their anger a step farther somehow. I am so thrilled not to be under the guilt of being forced to go in service now.

I can't see now that I have left the JWs, even though I hate what the religion stole from me, I still coudn't be mean or trash something in front of the people just to hurt them. They are just like we were, still blind and really only trying to save peoples lives, as futile as that attempt truly is. Actually many of them I feel sorry for. Some are really good people and they will sacrifice so much because of being misguided by the religion.

• morty
    morty

excellent exsample sns.....

I think that you may seem a little angry still.....which is fine.....But I think that maybe a little more acertiveness insted of agression will get you a little further in life hon.....I totally understand where you are coming from though....Its hard not to be bitter with what they have done to us.....Sometimes we act before we think.....Just my 2 cents worth

Morty

• little witch
    little witch

I tend to be in your face honest (though not brutal)

There are not many ways to relate to the patronizing, bull_ you know what of a dedicated, door knocking jw. Come on now. Be real. They trespass onto private property, harrass the animals that are protecting their turf, wake people up at all hours without reguard to employment (just cause they wash windows at their own opportunity does not mean the rest of the world does)only to push off the hateful, bloody, uneducated propoganda of a multi-million dollar publishing company that 99 % of the worlds population doesnt and will never believe in.

Obviously I am not the only person to feel this way, judging by the numbers that are published, and lawsuits filed...

But I will promise this. I will "Do unto others as others do unto me". I will treat them with the same respect, love, and concern that they offer me...which is none at all....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit