1 Corinthians 8:8 and Crayola

by rebel8 5 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8
    After working a redonkulously long number of hours exercising my fingers and brain, I decided to take a nice walk--you know, to be healthy.

I walked to the drug store to get something for my staff--you know, 'cause I'm cool like that.

Walgreens forced me to walk down the seasonal aisle, against my will, and purchase 90% off Easter candy, using its secret weapon (psychology).

As I made my way home on my healthy walk, I was forced to eat what may be in the top 10 of the worst Easter candy ever made in the entire multiverse since the beginning of time (and by that, I mean 7001 years ago).

The first one had a layer of pink flavored goo topped with white Crayolas mixed with sugar. Not satisfying.

So obviously I had to have another one to satisfy myself, under extreme duress. Blue topping and Crayola. hmmm, Boo-Berry. Worst berry flavor ever.

Green. No. Just no. Fake mint when my taste buds are expecting lime is just mean. It was like Listerine, a crayon, and a cup of corn syrup, all in the same mouthful.

Purple. I think there was a generic grape soda in the 1970s that tasted similar, when warm, flat and eaten with a crayon.

My tongue started to tingle and I thought it was swelling up a little.

So of course I had another one immediately. Anaphylaxis is for wusses.

Lemon. Jackpot! It tasted like lemon with a bag of sugar and a crayon.

When I was a teenaged jw, I found out that stores sell holiday candy at clearance prices, and WE WERE ALLOWED TO HAVE THEM. That's right! If you have it on Easter day or before--->Satan is happy. If you have it the day after--->you get a sugar high while believing the candy tastes better than it really does, chasing the satisfaction of something taboo.
  • jhine
    jhine

Ok l do not know Walgreens but l do like the sound of any institution that forces you to walk past sweets with 90% off .

I had a conversation with a couple of young male JWs the other day and we talked about Easter , having said that they don't celebrate because of chocolate eggs and bunnies etc one admitted that he buys Easter eggs after Easter when they are cheap . The hypocrisy of this was clearly lost on him .

Jan

• Zoos
    Zoos
    The hypocrisy of this was clearly lost on him .

It's not hypocritical. Everyone knows the demunz leave the candy the day after Easter.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I finished them off today, just to be sure I didn't miss something potentially enjoyable.
  • millie210
    millie210

Your original post was an utterly charming read rebel8.

Thank you for making me feel light and spring like and happy, like a kid again!

• talesin
    talesin
    At this moment, homemade butterscotch pie with whipped cream just might be a religious experience. :P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit