Why I quit the Watchtower, and why I could return.

by The Rebel 3 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

The wicked rat race of the Watchtower claimed another victim. Despite conducting 5 bible studies, and distributing thousands of magazines, I decided the pressure of being super pious was just to heavy for me, and I decided to just cool it. This is when I discovered the business is full of people who are " not very nice" . I won't mention any names, but let's just say the Watchtower heavies were soon around to see me.

Elder " we have missed you at the meetings, is there something wrong with you?

The Rebel." I recent that question, there's nothing wrong with me, I am not spiritual weak, I just happen to need a rest. Do you mind?

Elder. " While you are resting, Armaggedon is just around the corner...."

The Rebel: " I think you have a BAD pair of binoculars?

Elder " The only binoculars I need are Jehovers magazines , they are perfect in every sentence, and here is the latest copy"

The Rebel. " Thanks, Oh this is an interesting STUDY article " Why Sisters don't wear Sanitex Rubber Body Stockings" and the following article " Do Jehovers Witnesses believe in holding hands before marriage? You win I will be at the meeting for that Watchtower study"

Elder. " Are you sure"

The Rebel. "Definitely"

So yes it's true, under certain circumstances I could set foot in the Kingdom Hall again.

The Rebel.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Somehow they feel it is their right to involve themselves in your personal decisions....

The very meaning of "appropriate boundaries" is lost on them!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Back in 2010 I set foot inside my Dad's former Kingdom Hall to take him to a 'memorial', aka funeral, of one of his JW friends. It gave me the willies/creeps. Couldn't wait to leave. The local pedophile was there too.

This is probably the last or next to last time I'll ever set foot inside one.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Stuckinarut2 " they feel it is there right to involve themselves in your personal decisions....."

The Rebel. So true, the thinking of the Elders is " How do you add value" to the Watchtower, not how can the watchtower add value to you. So there is no room for " I" in the Watchtower organisation.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit