" Truth is the Most Beautiful Thing " ..... debate.

by Phizzy 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Truth is the Most Beautiful thing" is a quote from Andrea Camilleri, author of the Montalbano novels among many other writings.

What do you think about that statement ?

Is there anything more beautiful ? or do other things top it, or come further down the list of beautiful things ?

Nothing fills me with more joy, fulfillment, and pure pleasure than finding more TRUTH !

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I actually don't think of truth in terms of being good or bad, beautiful or ugly.

Truth itself, just is. It's neutral, indifferent. It is still truth whether you like or not. Whether you accept it or not.

The effect of truth/reality accepted and dealt with in a person's life can be beautiful I suppose.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I've been to Andalsnes, that was beautiful.

Dont know about "truth", can you elaborate?

• Mephis
    Mephis
    It reminds me of the ending to Keats' Ode to a Grecian Urn. Not sure I agree. Beauty is subjective, highly subjective. Truth can be (the old joke "there's my side, there's your side, and then there's the truth"), but there is also objective truth. 2 + 2 = 4. Like sparrowdown says, whether I like it or not, it's always going to add up to 4. And some truths really aren't all that pleasant to have to accept and face.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I left the JWs upon the fact that I couldn't see the truth but imposing lies made up to create a pretentious truth by a corrupt religious publishing house. The Watchtower.

I'm still searching.

• Finkelstein
  • Spiral
    Spiral
    I don't know exactly, Phizzy, except to say ..... the opportunity to search and decide for yourself what is truth ..... priceless.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

I totally digg when people tell me the truth, even if its something thats gonna hurt...ya know?

But lying to me????? Not groovy at all.

Mad Puppy

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The "truth" IS what it is and nothing more! Sometimes it is so beautiful and sometimes heartbreaking! Just think about your own experience as a jdub. The "troof" was so beautiful and comforting but ttatt probably broke your heart until ttatt showed you how beautiful life can be without da "troof".

And that's the truth

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• glenster
    glenster

Glen T. Winstein

"True" is my middle name. It was my mother's maiden name, Margaret Ann True, and I'm named after her

brother Russell Glen True (who died in the Battle of the Bulge).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit