In the name of Michael, amen

by AuntBee 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Does anyone remember one of the videos on the jw broadcast, where the speaker actually prayed "in the name of Michael, amen"?

Someone was asking about it on another forum, but no one can remember when it was or if we can locate it.

• RolRod
    RolRod

Say what?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Don't remember the video, but Candice Lucey sheds some light on the controversy

Who Is the Archangel Michael to Us?

There really are angels; Scripture points to their existence too often to deny that God made them, and they serve a purpose in God’s kingdom. Angels are “mighty ones” who work for God (Psalm 103:20) using His authority and the power He gave them to fight Satan. We see that in the verses cited above. Wayne Grudem tells us that angels deliver messages, “carry out some of God’s judgments,” act as an “example” to us in their worship of and obedience to God, and “patrol the earth as God’s representatives.” They act on behalf of God’s people as per God’s command.

This should create a sense of wonder; that there are angels around us doing God’s will, invisible to humans. Elisha and his servant were surrounded by the force of Syria, and Elisha’s servant was terrified. “Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them” (2 Kings 6:16). Elisha could see what was invisible to most people: God’s forces at work on behalf of His people. Angels are at work around us, and it is tempting to become more enthralled with these beautiful, mighty creatures than with the Son of God.

Even as he fights Satan during the end times, however, the Archangel Michael will not be as powerful as the Messiah. We see Michael as a sword-carrying warrior against demons, but the blade we are most concerned with as Christians is the sword of the Word, an essential piece of the “full armor of God” (Ephesians 6).

What Does This Mean?

One must not worship anyone other than the Lord for, as John Gilhooly reminds us, “to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? (Hebrews 1:5). “It is bad doctrine that makes creatures secure by creatures.”...

Candice Lucey

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yea I remember that but I think he was referring to Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson was the most the popular jw in the world!

Fortunately he didn't say "in the name of Billie Jean, amen"!

just saying!

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

LOL eyeuse2badub!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

All I can say is that the Bible clearly tells us that Satan after his rebellion against God in Eden could still come and go as he pleased before the Throne of God in Heaven for thousands of years all the while as he could come and go roving about on the earth .,as the scripture says seeking to devour someone .

All of this with the permission of God . Job 1: 6-12 ,1Pet.5:8

And as I have said before Jehovah God never shunned Satan and Neither did Jesus Christ .

And in the example of the prodigal son the father never shunned him but welcomed him back with open arms.

sorry i got carried away.

• Smiles
    Smiles
    In the name of Michael, amen

We have never heard that in the JW world, and any official making a habit of saying that during a JW gathering prayer would quickly be receiving warning counsel or defrocked.

Even though JWs teach that Jesus and Michael are synonymous, they know it sounds weird in a prayer, LOL!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In other words they could end a prayer in the name of the Logos ? How would that go down ?

Maybe some PIMO could naively do this and see what sort of a response they would get ?

just asking .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit