For Jehovah's Witness's or those who are not:

by Singing Man 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Is there any part of being a Witness that you think is honestly the truth? So many people use the term "truth" when in fact there is no way to prove it is the truth. It used to be for me being raised a Witness that I thought everything printed or said was the truth now I don't. I am amazed how I was useing the term "truth" like it really was all the truth when none of it can be proved at all. So why call it the truth at all? Truth is applied to something that has been proven, how can that be said of the teachings of the Witness's or any religion, isn't it simply a matter of faith?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It's a term that has power on the subconscious level. Children learn from a small age to refer to it as the truth, perhaps before the concept of what truth is is really known by them. A turning point for me was when I stepped back from it all and started to think how..well pompous it is to refer to any belief system as "the truth". Certainly an organization with a track record like the WTS cannot make that claim. Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the light." He didn't say the WTS is.

• shamus
    shamus

YOUR WORDS ARE VERY BIG AND SOMEWHAT BOLD... I CAN'T READ IT WITHOUT GETTING A HEADACHE.

• barry
    barry

Being an SDA I beleive they got that term from the SDA church just as they got most of the prophecy doctrins from Adventists. I havent heard the SDAs refer to there religion ass the truth is years now.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It's called "loading the language". Common words are comandeered for special use. This technique used in moderation it can simlply serve to abreviate conversations between likeminded people. However when the special use of words serves to isolate the users from society it becomes a familiar cult control method. That special use reinforces the cult's uniqueness. This special vocabulary lends to the doctrine of special revelation and direction which in turn furthur internalizes (deepens) the commitment and loyalty to the group.

The use of the word "truth" as a proper noun is found in many churches, Adventist, Baptist, Christadelphian, even some Methodists.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree
    Singing said:"It used to be for me being raised a Witness that I thought everything printed or said was the truth now I don't."

The Watchtower creates doctrines to fit their Organization.

Do you understand this?

WT: 1874, 1914, 1935, 1975 :"Our truth will set you free from us."

AAF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit