Japanese JW woman "volunteer missionary" murdered in Guatemala

by Alligator Wisdom 6 Replies latest social current

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Saw this in the headline news in Japan as a JW sister "need-greater" in Guatemala was murdered and her partner stabbed, but survived. The news agency NHK on TV was quick to note a statement from the Japan Branch that these two women were volunteers and were doing their "Bible education" work on their own dime.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/11/06/national/crime-legal/one-japanese-woman-killed-another-injured-guatemala/#.W-GZpORRd9A

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I wonder which form of spin the Watchtower will use on this 1

1. "Time and unforeseen circumstances"

2. "Secret Sin"

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

This is a tragedy. So sad that these young 'sisters' gave so much for so little. Sky daddy wasn't f*cking doing his job of protecting his 'children'.

just saying!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

That is awful. Senseless.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Awful. And all watchtower can quickly get out is they were volunteers, not being paid by us....nothing to do with us....nothing to see here folks.

Before long they'll be denying ALL JWs not on their payroll are nothing to do with JW.org or possibly not dubs. Heartless. They should contribute to the family and fly the poor woman home, pay for her medical care.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

That's the great thing about the Watchtower spin. If JWs are not harmed, then obviously Jellohoba is protecting them. If instead they are slaughtered, then it's just proof that JWs are the true religion and being persecuted as Jesus predicted.

You can't lose.

If you are a JW that is delusional enough to go across the world working for the cult for free, then at the very minimum pick a country that adheres to some baseline of civility. I would not go to Guatemala even with bodyguards.

• zeb
    zeb

"on their own dime" Yet they would have been handing out wt books, magazines. Been required to dress according to wt codes and log their hours according to wt instructions.

The wt lawyers have stated in a court case in Victoria Australia that no witness is required by any elders or servant et al to record their hours. The witnessing work is part of an individuals private mission.

I cant find the link but have read that this statement created the biggest Huh? from the jw in the gallery.

This you own it thing was the same as when i was facing call up for the Vietnam war and was told by elders to say it was entirely my own idea. There was no mention of any financial assistance either (surprise surprise) from the wt for my legal costs.

My condolences to the families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit