I am pleased for the lucky bastards who have been spared my bible bashing.

by The Rebel 7 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I am seven months without bible bashing, without door-knocking, or standing by a trolley cart looking like a prat. And I feel the real winners are the " lucky bastards" who haven't had me telling them about Jehvover. Furthermore they are spared super pious me telling them what they can and can't do. Who am I to tell a perfect stranger he must shave his beard, study with me, not commit audultry, nor covet his neighbors wife?

Also in the last seven months I have been spared making a total prat of myself explaining to educated people, how Adam and Eve had all these children of different color skin, or trying to justify why a loving God allows so much suffering in the world.

Personally I have concluded there are millions of religions, so at best it's a big toss up what one if any is right. However it was certainly presumptuous of me to assume Jehovers Witnesses were the correct religion. Why cant buddisam be the right religion? I can imagine the shock if I was a perfectly good Witness only to die and Buddah laughing all over his face sends me back to earth as a worm.

Anyway I now believe in having a good time, and letting perfect strangers sin and convet their neighbors wife if they wish. It's really none of my business.

The Rebel.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Well said Rebel!
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Seven months with out reading the bible or watchtower material, that's good isn't it?

Now let me tell you why it's good. Because the Watchtower is not about a message of good news, and thinking the destruction of 99.9% of the population is good news is ludicrous because it's not good news. Infact it's cruel and vicious.

My new message of the good news is Religion is a dicey subject at the best of times, it's all about getting in to arguments. It's a sad thing when humun beings with the capacity to smile and laugh can get so hung up on religion. Think about it, how often did you see genuine smiles and laughter at the Kingdom Hall?

The Rebel.

• DJS
    DJS

The Rebel,

You are on a role; don't stop. Isn't that the best-est feeling EVER, not having to bother people with our arrogant nonsense. Plus we get to sleep in, go hiking, stay out all night . . . . . Saturday mornings rock.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

So true, Religion in my opinion has been to control and divide people throughout mans existence. I hated going to people homes uninvited to deliver a message not of hope but of doom. Ya we dressed it up as the "good News" but we understood destruction was upon them and their blood upon us, if we didn't boldly proclaim the message.

Fast forward to present and to realize its all a man made delusion.How presumptuous indeed to assume we only have the truth! Wasted so much of my life with this and I will never get those years back.........so time to start living like I'm dying.

• Giordano
    Giordano

One day, many many years ago, I came to realize that Jehovah had already murdered a world and every living thing on it who wasn't in Noah's ArK, every animal, every child, even the unborn. All drowned because this so called God couldn't control those spirits in heaven, those half spirits on earth, nor could he keep mankind safe and secure.

Having failed the first time around He or She finds it necessary to do it again to the 8 Billion people on this planet. Or at least if your a believing JW.

This particular God is bi polar in the extreme. A Toxic God worshiped by a toxic religion. Thankfully He's as phony as his made up name.

• baker
    baker
    Don't sweat looking like a Prat, I'm sure as soon as they could get away from your "witness" they probably could not pick you out of a lineup. People just see a nice suit and tie and thats about it, most are preoccupied and busy with their own affairs to notice you, they just are looking for an out to get away.
  • dbq407
    dbq407

It's a sad thing when humun beings with the capacity to smile and laugh can get so hung up on religion. Think about it, how often did you see genuine smiles and laughter at the Kingdom Hall?

Thats what i was thinking about sitting there at the KH last night, and then i was like why on earth would anyone want to live forever with these yahoos?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit