The JW FUNERAL experience

by Terry 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Terry you blew me away.

Hallmark card of evangelizing poo-poo

Damn straight - god Ive always hated those cards, now I know why!

They have the Governing Body's cold, sweaty hands up their ass moving their jaw like a ventriloquist's dummy.

Ever time day speaks!

Whatever denomination he might have embraced--he would have been the same person--except he could have made something great out of himself and his life.

Sucks

I am free from them - except at the centre of my soul where there is a hole just about the size of Johnny Santa Cruz

Long may it stay that way...that pain is what makes us human, its a pain the JWs try to take away from us with their preachy funerals and their conditionally loving gods promise...well f@ck them we've earnt that fu#£ing pain from years of loving

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Sorry for your loss and thank you for a fantastic post

All the very best,

k99

• kairos
    kairos

The only JW funeral I could ever see atteneding would be for my wife.

At this point in my life, I would pass.

Having a small gathering with my actual friends that cared about me, my wife and my life as opposed to a bunch of people I 'used to' know that would be questioning in their minds why I would even bother.

Disgusting and painful.

I'm sorry they stole your friendship from Johnny, Terry.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    well described Terry , enjoyed that, you are correct in so many ways
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Then, a few short anecdotes were given and they were WRONG in the little details I ALONE knew. Yeah, if I sound jealous--I am. I could have delivered one hell of a going away talk and poor Johnny was stuck with these clowns who think they knew him!

Yes yes a thousand times yes. One more point on the list of JWorg crimes...a grieving family missed out on the fleeting joy of remembrance and a grieving friend deprived of the last service he could have rendered....

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thank you Terry for sharing this. I had a friend that I met in 1987 when I was still a dub and hating who I was. At the time I was drinking like crazy and ruining my marriage all because I was fed up with being a JW. I worked with this guy at the new job I started and he was instrumental in getting me sober. Our friendship was greater than any I ever had with JW's and we kept that friendship throughout the years. He died a little over 2 years ago and I was devastated. I cried as if he were my family. He is gone, but what he did for me will never be forgotten.

My condolences to you with you loss.

HappyDad

• lrkr
    lrkr
    Terry, your remembrance here was eloquent, poignant and poetic. Absolutely beautiful in its raw truth. So sorry for your loss.
  • stillin
    stillin

Nice piece of writing, Terry. I sense that you put your heart into it in honor of your friend. He deserves a better sending-off than the one you went to.

I'm glad for you that you could connect with old friends and acquaintances without the ugly stuff coming to the surface, but your description of the stuff right beneath the surface was spot on!

Thanks for sharing.

• Terry
    Terry

This would be much easier if I could make it black or white. I could love whom I love and hate the rest. But the ones I hate are lovable and the lovable ones have an ugly, cold side waiting to be turned my way. I trust none.

I could love whom I love and hate the rest. But ones I hate are lovable and lovable ones have indifference waiting to be turned my way. So, I trust none.

I see damaged souls twisted this way and that by fear and absolute certainty. Monstrous egos and admirable humility are crammed into them, choc a bloc.

If I cannot sort them easily, how can they, trapped within themselves, find the tie that binds to work the knot toward freedom?

I am saddened while gladdened. I'm beguiled and off put.

I recall camaraderie, handshakes, back patting and smug assuredness. But I cringe at the duplicity and inclination to bully and dismiss with equal ease.

Then the clouds part and the light pours in. Those twisted souls once were human and are human no more. Automatons they are. Doll's eyes hide unthinking obedience in the task they work for their masters.

These people frighten me; half-smiles half-crooked like a picture wire on a nail hung wonky. They'd be as likely to die for me as to see me dead; programmed as they are.

These are Pod people and there are infestations in their gathering. There is plotting and insidious chicanery afoot. Should I run to escape them or are there more in the direction I end up?

These last few days have been an endless spool of nightmares unthreading like a movie reel; a double-feature of death and horror on display. I was one of them. They had me once inside their cold machine. They've tasted my blood. My bitterness never goes away.

I turned that blind corner and the dark flytrap opened. Sweet nectar glistened in my eyes. For an urgent moment, I could smell the scent as I approached.

The tingle in my spine and the twitching of my thumbs brought the old familiar feeling back to mind. This is not my world and I'll never risk it all again on the spin of their illusory roulette. A game for fools; those who win only win regret.

• Cangie
    Cangie

What you have written here over the past few days is the truest and most sincere eulogy in behalf of your best friend, Johnny. True words, true feelings, true love. Thank you for inviting us to "attend" his memorial with you.

RIP Johnny....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit