Whats it like being an atheist and still going to meetings?

by Crazyguy 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Anyone fall into this category?
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Frustrating when you hear the lies and half truths but can't do anything about it directly. Kinda funny to hear the poor poor reasoning from some of the talks and comments. Sad to see good people wasting their time. Me included. They have good intentions by and large. In any other church they'd be told to do good in the community but we're so insular, and that's sad. A waste of man hours and intentions.Good opportunity to exercise critical thinking skills.Overall though, boring.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I any imagine it's much different than if someone was a believing Christian going to meetings knowing it's a cult. You just want to tell "WAKE UP!" at everyone sitting there listening to lies and terrible reasoning, wasting their lives. It's very frustrating. When I was going to meetings still, I also had some symptoms of PTSD, but I'm sure that's not because I was/am an atheist.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The meetings are the most boring, mind-numbing, wastes of time and life that I can think of. They are insidious mind-control sessions. Absolutely nothing new is ever learned. They are just a relentless flow of propaganda for the WTBTS inc.

I only go for my wife. She's been through a lot lately and doesn't need the extra stress that would result if I quit going altogether. I look ahead and pick and choose which meetings to skip. For instance, I went today so that I can skip the Partaker bashing of next week's craptastic article.

The WTBTS doesn't want to be wrong, AGAIN, so the increase of partakers, which has been obvious to those observing, cannot possibly be another mistake, ( decreasing partakers being a sign of the last days ) but must be due the mental and emotional issues of fake anointed. "Don't judge partakers!", say the GB, "We will do that ourselves!"

Anyway, I'm not an atheist, more agnostic. The meetings, as I've said many times, are an intellectually stifling enviroment; a one-room schoolhouse where no one is allowed to graduate or question the lesson book provided by the company store. All grades are present, repeating the same lesson. The more intelligent students are doomed to a life boring, repetitive, nonsensical liturgies that cannot be questioned.

LET'S REVIEW: IT'S A CULT!!!

DD

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

That was me for sure.

It was so hard. Hearing the most trivial things attributed to god, or the most horrible acts of violence in the bible committed by god spoken of as if they were so wonderful. And then you have the elder and ms body who are mostly uneducated morons who can't complete a sentence - just painful.

• Island Man
    Island Man

It's the intellectual equivalent of having to endure skin crawlingly obnoxious sounds like nails scraping on a chalk board.

It's like attending a gathering filled with smiling people who are adamantly convinced that puppies are evil demons, and you have to sit quietly and watch as they cruelly torture them to death, while convinced that they're doing the right thing, and anyone who questions them is of the devil and needs to be dealt with.

Sometimes you can feel the frustration welling up inside you and you feel strongly tempted to just drop a TTATT bomb on them! But you have to exercise great self-control and bottle it all up. Sometimes it gets to the point that you actually feel physically sick!

• Island Man
  • jw07
    jw07

It's like being eaten by a single fire ant, one bite at a time.

Sometimes I just want to rip my own arm off and smack speakers off the podium for spouting all those illogical lies in smug confidence.

The most depressing part is sitting there watching the rest of my family completely aloof, as compliant as fully sedated sheep actually believing that all of it is real and that they will have everlasting life one day. Knowing that all of us will be dead one day, but that they could probably go to the grave believing all that crap, and wasting their lives working towards 'qualifying' for PROMISES that will never come true!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit