Have you ever told and Elder or Pioneer, MS to piss off?

by Overrated 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

I had an Elder that was very nosey in my business. I was so to the point and told him to screw off. Have any you have any stories like this?

• vienne
    vienne

Yes. and my mom did that on a regular basis. they believed that because my grandmother and other relatives were witnesses they had some place in my mom's life. that extends to me and my relationship to my elder uncles. I'm not a witness, though I am largely sympathetic. I do not like controlling behaviors.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Yes...I've had many a request from the elders for an invite to sit down and talk...I can tell you from experience it feels soo therapeutic when everytime I simply say...No!

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Not in those words but I told a couple of elders who were at my home to get me to say I did not believe the GB was gods only earthly out let. I told them they wanted me to shit or get off the pot. They said so if you don't believe what is the problem. I said you are the elders, you need two witnesses and I am not going to hand you the rope to hang me. If you want it work for it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Yes but not in so many words as that.A book study that my wife and I attended had two elders in it that were very clicky with each other after the meetings and didn`t give any time to the others that were in the group.

After a service meeting one time one of the elders turned around to me and said words to the effect that he would come around to my home to give us some or more encouragement ,I told him not to bother as he didn`t give us the time of day at the book study so don`t bother coming around we don`t need you .

The look on his face was priceless.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Yes, and it worked out well.

They kept distance from that moment.

Told them that I did not accept their ways to counsel us. In the KH public. They ran away.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit