Apple Bees seems to be the in place to go after meetings.

by Singing Man 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Yes, Apple Bees seems to be the in place to go after meetings. And on any given meeting night in any town where you could find an Apple Bees" you can find Jehovah's Witness scarfing down the sampler plate. Then Wingers comes in at a close second.

• Sassy
    Sassy

are they ordering the tasty alcoholic drinks too?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

When I was in NY, we would usually go to a diner after the meeting. The neighbor congregation would go to TGI Friday's.

• blondie
    blondie

Oooh, NY diners are the best. I love cheesecake. The ones in my area were owned by Greek families and the salad bars, the feta cheese, the olives...

Blondie (drooling a bit)

• mah319
    mah319

Wow that must be the reason that place was so quiet the last time i went there. I have been to funerals that were more lively than that place.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Zactly, blondie. Dunno what it is with Greeks and diners, but it's just one of those ethnic concentrations that NY has so much of. Whenever we would go after meeting, a couple of my friends would always order the Chicken Souvlaki. (Where's a "licking lips" smiley when you need one?)

• simplesally
    simplesally

My girlfriend and I would either go to Lyon's and get wine or go to her house and have a real drinkie-poo. Actually, we had a good time. She and I were both single, though she was nearing 70, you'd never ever know it. We really had a nice friendship and could talk about everything. Sometimes, knowing we had our "date" after the meet was the only thing that got us to go to the Thursday night meeting.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Up here it's Denny's. Pretty much the same thing. I never much cared for those get togethers after the meetings, because I don't like that type of food. Maybe a nice tiki lounge would be better?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

SO THEY DO NOT GO TO THESE PLACES THEN ?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/992692.asp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit