Pentecost 33CE What really happened.

by biblexaminer 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Hi there SJ,

I've heard about some of these kings starting the co-rulerships earlier than their OFFICIAL reign. The critical question is whether or not the people back then started numbering the years based upon the co-rulership dating or the official dating of the kingship.

Thus, you are free to believe what you wish, all I needed was your confirmation that his OFFICIAL rulership 15th year was 28-29CE.

With that in mind, this makes those years OPTIONAL for the baptism of the Messiah.

Now as far as the other issues go, I already explained to you Herod died on Shebat 2, 1AD. SORRY NOT NEGOTIABLE.

If you need to argue about this, please explain how an eclipse on March 13/14, just one month before Passover was seen by Herod when he died on Shebat 2, some six weeks BEFORE the eclipse happened? Bottom line is that there is a critical conflict here already recognized by others as being inconsistent with the eclipse Josephus mentions. After checking things out it was clear to me that an alternative date for the death of Herod based upon Josephus was Shebat 2, 1AD. I'm comfortable with that.

GOING BEYOND THAT, it has been confirmed that Jerusalem fell in 529BCE which means the 1st of Cyrus fell in 455BCE thus to fulfill the 483 years Jesus had to appear in 29CE not 27CE. So it's all connected.

If you want to go into ADVANCED chronology, you can date everything via the year the Jews returned to Palestine in 1947 which began their last Jubilee. You just add 49 years to 1947 to get the end of the last 70 weeks which is 1996. Then you just have go go back in time 4 70-week periods (1960 years) to get the end of the first 70 weeks in which Jesus would die at midweek. That means based upon 1947, 1960 years earlier than 1996 was 36CE which means 7 years earlier Jesus should have appeared to be baptized in 29CE. That also means the first 70 weeks would have begun in 455BCE which is the date confirmed by two astronomical texts, the VAT4956 and the SK400.

So you see, it's all lined up and coordinated together; all the chronology.

Thus, since you've confirmed that Tiberius did have his sole rule which dated his 15th year in 28-29CE, there is no conflict with the Biblical chronology.

Sooooo....

Everything is fine...and

You don't know what you're talkinga about as usual, which is quite typical of the false prophet you are and continue to be.

I suggest you stop listening to demons and start paying more attention to scripture.

Cheerio,
    LG

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hey guys,

I love reading all the research both of you have done and finding out new things about Jesus, Pentecost, etc...things that I would never find in the WTS.

But, just because you guys disagree on various points...is that reason for name calling? Is that reason to say "I'm right and you're wrong"?

Present your story and research. The readers of these posts will read and decide for themselves which is the more likely version of events. End of story.

Love & peace,

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Peter... you are correct, and may you have peace!

I accept your 'counsel' wholeheartedly... and sincerely.

Joshua, there is something you may be missing:

In the Spring of 4BCE, where SOME date Herod's death, there was a 'partial' eclipse, as there was in the in December (our calendar) of 1BCE, which would give you your 1AD death date.

However, there was FULL eclipse about three months before Herod died... in the Spring... of 1BCE.

Check it out.

Peace to you, Peter!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Dear SJ,

This whole argument is based upon the death of Herod in the 11th month on Shebat 2. It is that "traditional" date of his death that conflicts with the eclipse event on March 13/14, 1959 and that is simply because it would mean that Herod was already dead for TEN WHOLE WEEKS before the eclipse occurred.

Secondly, this 4BCE eclipse is just one month prior to Passover and it took 32 days before Herod was even buried. So there is a critical conflict in reference to this eclipse as far as the surrounding history goes.

On top of all that, the eclipse must follow an annual fast day and that points to Tebet 10 since that would be the last festival celebrated before his death.

So sorry, the eclipse simply does not work. The information is too specifically pointing to the 10th month for the eclipse.

Sorry, but Herod died on Shebat 2, 1AD.

Lars

• AGuest
    AGuest

Please see response under "Why Eclipse of 4BC..." Thank you.

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Hello AGuest,

It is interesting that you speak condescendingly of Herod's "traditional" date of death and do not give us a reference to the actual date of his death.

Yes, I am aware of the total eclipse occurring early in 1BCE and the WTS makes a reference to that event as the possible one seen the night of the execution. If this is your choice for that reference then be my guest.

My only position here was simply to note that, OPTIONALLY, Tiberius' 15th year is often dated in 28/29 CE which allows us to use the astronmically dated fall of Jerusalem in 529BCE to date Jesus' baptism in 29CE.

In addition, since I'm dating the Second Coming 45 years after the return of the Jews to Palestine in 1947 (unless you have another date for that event), I can harmonize all the Biblical chronology based upon the succession of 70 weeks in line with the 70th week Jesus first appeared as ending in 36CE.

So ultimately, my hands are still tied because of 1947 as far as Biblical chronology is concerned.

1BCE might be an optional date for the death of Herod per your choice, but so is 1AD.

I've ruled out the early 1BC eclipse event, however, because that eclipse occurred on a sabbath and executions don't occur on sabbath days. But then, that's based upon what we believe the calendar was back then, which is something you and I disagree upon.

So thanks for sharing your information regarding these events and your choice to date Jesus' birth in 4BCE. I'm forced to date it in 2BCE and Herod's death in 1AD, however, because of the need to harmonize all the chronology with 1947, which ties into 1996 which ties into 36CE which ties into 29CE. Soooo.... to each his own in this case, I guess.

LG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit