Are they demons?

by Free2Bme 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

Since I left the org. I have read some mind-boggling books on subjects such as mind-control, witchcraft, demonism, and conspiracy theories.
    I obviously do not believe all I read but never-the-less have come across interesting real-life experiences that have made me wonder.
    Recently I read David Icke's "The Biggest Secret" and found his theories on shape-shifting lizards ruling the world bizarre to say the least.
    But something David Icke said stopped me in mid-sneer.He said replace the lizards with demons if that was how you wanted to think of it.
    It reminded me of a book I once borrowed from library about a young woman who was possessed by demons and described their shifting appearance as horrifically ugly or transforming to absolute visions of male beauty.
    So if Satan and his demons do rule this world as we were taught is it so unbelievable that they might possess influental people and certain individuals with psychic perception would be able to catch glimpses of them shape-shifting?
    Anyone else familiar with Icke's ideas and material? What do you think?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    It reminded me of a book I once borrowed from library about a young woman who was possessed by demons and described their shifting appearance as horrifically ugly or transforming to absolute visions of male beauty.

Depending on whether or not the young lady's eyes were focused downward or eyelevel?

First rule of pruddish upbringing- -Never, never admit that one has naughty thoughts that come only from ones ownself. Better to be mentally ill or possesed by demons than to be possesed by sexual thoughts.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sounds "Icke" to me. Sorry. Couldn't resist.

• Lindy
    Lindy

I have read that stuff from David Icke and found it very interesting. But I got to "involved" with it and it started to make me a bit paranoid so I left it be for a while. A lot of it makes sense and is, to say the least, interesting. Did you read the military connections about the dragons with the marines? Lizard, dragons and the like go way back as far as symbols. The more I read the more everything ties together. I have found most everything I read ties in some how with the Bible, and not always in a good, and righteous way. It all circles around each other.

I found this following site last week and you might be interested in exploring it. This site deals with things like the multiple Gods, fairies and such and where they came from. All these things are a part of our history and I always thought that they had/have a basis somewhere. So the more I read the more likely I find that it isn't all in the Bible, and the Bible certainly doesn't hold all truths, and leaves some truths dangling a bit.
    Please share with us your thoughts on things. E-mail me if you want to discuss this stuff off of here, if you'd like. Here's the site:

... http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Congress/2301/Directory.html

Lindy

• Seeker
    Seeker

May I, instead, recommend the book "The Demon-Haunted World" by Carl Sagan? If you read that, you'll be fully prepared to differentiate between real science and psuedo-science, and you'll not fear demons again.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

David Icke is NOT a reputabl journalist. before he took up conspiracy theory dissemination, his best job was as a sports reader on tv.

His notion of presenting 'facts' is to set a tape recorder in front of whoever wants to spout rubbish and let them talk. Read his whole website with a critical eye; you'll see no attempt to verify anything. A whole lot of allegation and conjecture, and nothing else.

If you love crackpot conspiracy theories, as I do, his site is a fountain of material. Calling it 'information' is a real stretch, though. 'Crapformation' perhaps...

Remember, no case is closed to an open mind. But if you open your mind far enough, you'll find it lying on the sidewalk covered in dogshit.

• Lindy
    Lindy

Carl Sagan's "The Demon-Haunted World" is a fantastic book! I read it and it helps you understand how people get so caught in their belief's. It goes into the UFO stuff too. Carl Sagan had a great mind.

Lindy

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

Thanks for your responses.
    I will check out the site you recommended Lindy and let you know what I think.
    I'll also read the Sagan book as soon as I can get hold of it,Seeker.
    MommieDark I like your comments about an open mind ending up full of shit.I know what you mean.I just love delving around though.And as for the shit - I just have to trust my mind to recognise it for what it is.After all I got there in the end re: WTBS.

Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit