Prince joins Jehovah's

by yxl1 37 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

No, Mulan, I don't think he is a homosexual or a pedophile. Just a man tricked by his grief over the loss of his child into becoming a JW.

Blondie

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Are you guys saying Prince is a homosexual? I have never heard that before.

Mulan,

There have been rumors for years that Prince is gay, simply because he is effeminate.

He is married and has a child. While the possibility that he is gay exists, I doubt that if he wanted to remain closeted that he would be so brazenly effeminate. Myself, I think it is a part of his performance, nothing more.

Besides, I know a number of heterosexual men who are far more effeminate than I am.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i was thinking the same thing mulan...i was feeling really out of the loop!!!

SFJ - your posts are always thoughful and informative. thank you. :)

• avishai
    avishai
    Come on! An androgenous homosexual is an excellent raw model for yer Christian children
    Are you guys saying Prince is a homosexual? I have never heard that before.

Mulan,

There have been rumors for years that Prince is gay, simply because he is effeminate.

He is married and has a child. While the possibility that he is gay exists, I doubt that if he wanted to remain closeted that he would be so brazenly effeminate. Myself, I think it is a part of his performance, nothing more.

Besides, I know a number of heterosexual men who are far more effeminate than I am.

Point #1, Let's see, ummm, he's dated Vanity, Appolonia, Kim basinger, Sheena Easton, etc. etc. I don't think these women with their positions would be a "beard" for Prince. It's an act, he's 5'3" tall, so I assume "androgynous" clothes would look cooler in the 80's when androgyny was the deal anyway, than his next choice, which would be garanimals & underoos.

Point #2: Yeah, jim, the whole, Fem/Butch thing does'nt always have anything to do with who one sleeps with. I'm fairly "manly", but simply because I used to act, be a massage therapist, & wear nice clothes, LOTS of people thought I was Gay. Including some gay people. I guess I was what you'd call a "Metrosexual".

I once met what I thought was a "Man" that had the hots for me. Turned out it was a female transgender that preferred to live life in the guise of a man. She had'nt had an addadicktome, & had no intention of doing so. She/he was very attractive on an intellectual level, but it was just to weird for me. She had all the right parts, but was a guy in all other ways! So, like I said, gender identity is a pretty strange free flowing thing, not always easily identifiable. Unfortunately, often both sides, gay & straight want to put you in a pigeonhole. My poor BI friends get flicked shit from both sides of the spectrum to choose.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I don't think he is a homosexual or a pedophile.

Strange, that he wears the bisexual and/or transgender symbols for photo sessions..

http://www.lambda.org/symbols.htm

But really, he's soooooooooo hot I just wanna be bad! What's that thingie that looks like a pacifier? Could it be a Froidean slip?

But seriously, how long do you think he will last in that cult?

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I don't think he is a homosexual or a pedophile.

Strange, that he wears the homosexual and/or transgender symbols for photo sessions..

Is it any stranger than professional race car drivers sporting symbols for Anhaeuser Busch and other beer manufacturers on their vehicles? Are they advocating drinking while driving? Of course not! Prince's sexuality has nothing to do with his commercial enterprise. It is little more than a publicity gimmick -- a very effective one, I might add, to evoke such responses.

"I'm not a homosexual, but I play one on television."

My point I'm trying to make is that he is hardly someone who could attempt to preach to me on morals and good examples.

I can infer from this statement that you consider homosexuals to be amoral and bad examples. If this is so, the WTBTS taught you well. Implications that homosexuals are without morals only serves to perpetuate homophobia and bigotry.

Even if you meant that Prince is a bad example because of his effeminate manner of dress, I sincerely doubt that he dresses in this manner at the Kingdom Hall, while out in field service, or while engaging in Bible studies (if he has any). It would not be tolerated, no matter how famous he is. I understand, in fact, that he's toned himself down somewhat since becoming a JW.

Just wondering, does't it make you wonder how he was accepted & baptized? How long do you think he will last in that cult?
    As long as he continues to contribute financially and does nothing outrageous to "harm the good name of Jehovah's Organization" (such as Michael Jackson's Thriller video), he will be around for a long, long time. Unless, of course, he goes online and starts participating here at JWD -- we'll teach him a thing or two.
  • shamus
    shamus

Actually, his new name is "The Artist"... not prince. Not that squiggle he was, either!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Actually, his new name is "The Artist"... not prince. Not that squiggle he was, either!

Do they call him "Brother Artist" at the hall?

• shamus
    shamus

They probably just call him "Brother Weirdo"...

• Agent Double- O- Soul
    Agent Double- O- Soul

He could join up with Hank! They could call themselves The Saddo's!!

00 - Soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit