Going camping!

by Smyler 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Smyler
    Smyler

I'm off to Keji National Park, one last time this year! So, I'll be gone til Monday afternoon. Gonna be lots of JWs around tho... Wonder if I can still hang around them still... Also wonder if Dave still gonna give me some booze... lol

Cya later guys!

smyler

• shamus
    shamus

Hey smyler,

Have a great time! It's pretty cold up where I live... we got snow on the mountains yesterday. Hope it's not that cold where you are!

Have fun, and bring an extra blanket and jacket!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Smyler. Sounds like fun.

One last hurrah, before the real cold weather sinks in.

Post some pics when you come back. I have never been farther east than Quebec City.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Have a good time, don't forget gloves and a hat!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Have a good time! I'm going to a cottage in the Bancroft Ontario area for the long weekend!

Maybe I'll get some good pics too.

Walter

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Just be careful of the Bears..... Tape reveals sound of bear killing man in Alaska

By Rachel D?Oro ASSOCIATED PRESS

ANCHORAGE, Alaska ? The graphic sounds of a deadly bear attack in the Alaska wilderness were captured on tape, revealing a wildlife author?s final, frantic screams as he tried to fend off the beast, authorities said Wednesday.
    Trooper Chris Hill said the tape suggests a video camera was turned on just before Timo thy Treadwell was attacked at his campsite. His girlfriend, Amie Huguenard, was later mauled to death by a bear. The recording is audio only, and the screen is blank for all six minutes.
    "There?s so much noise going on. I don?t know what?s him and what might be an animal,?? Hill said. "It?s pretty disturbing. I keep hearing it in my mind.??
    The remains of Treadwell, 46, and Huguenard, 37, both of Malibu, Calif., were found Monday at Katmai National Park and Preserve on the Alaska Peninsula. Treadwell was known for approaching, even touching, bears in the wild.
    A pilot who arrived to pick up the couple contacted the National Park Service and troopers to report that a brown bear was apparently sitting on top of human remains in the camp.

A ranger shot and killed a large brown bear when the ani mal charged at them through the dense brush.
    Treadwell may have heard a bear and asked Huguenard to turn on the camera, which was found with the lens cap on and packed in a camera bag, Hill said.
    "The audio stops because the tape runs out,?? he said. "Otherwise, it probably would have captured the whole thing.??
    There are no plans to make the recording or transcripts public, trooper spokesman Greg Wilkinson said.
    Troopers recovered three hours of earlier video footage from the site, across from Kodiak Island. Much of it is close-up shots of bears, some no more than a few feet from Treadwell, co-author of Among Grizzlies: Living With Wild Bears in Alaska. Others show a more timid Huguenard leaning away as bears come close to her on the bank of a river.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit