Giggling in dark hallways

by Vivamus 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Did you ever notice that when you are not allowed to laugh, the intensity of your laughter is doubled by a factor of gazilion? The other day I was with friends, altogether it was a very fun evening. But the incident that made me choke with laughter was when we were saying our goodbye's. My friend lives on the top floor of an ancient house, the stairs are a sheer horror for me (much to the amusement of the rest of the company) and as we were walking downstairs, I, accompanied by giggles of my careful steps, our hostess reminded us to be silent, cuz of her roommate, who was sleeping. I was the first one to reach the end of the stairs (in the normal way, I did not trip and fall :P) and as I looked up to the rest of the gang still making their way down the stairs, Anne, my friend, noticed my jacket. A quite normal jacket, but she said it was nice. The one thing that did not make her approval was the fact that my jacket wasn't buttoned up completely. So, she, very sweet, decided to remedy that, and began to fumble with the buttons to close the thing. I stood obediently still, waiting for the inevitable..... Next thing that happened was the button falling off, and making a nice cling-kind-of-noice as it fell down. The shock on my friends face, made me giggle. Her giggles, only intensified my fun, and we were soon laughing our asses off. Mind you, we were dead silent while doing that, remembering the sleeping roommate. There is hardly a more fun feeling than your insides rippling with laughter, while you try your best to not let that humour voice itself in audible ways. So there we were, bent over with silent giggles, in a dark hallway, explaining the incident to the rest of our friends, who were infected by our gayous mood. Life can be so much fun, in enjoying the simple things. - Blue Bubblegum Girl

• sens
    sens
    Did you ever notice that when you are not allowed to laugh, the intensity of your laughter is doubled by a factor of gazilion?

lmao viv....i know...iam the worst with that....

• shamus
    shamus

I know exacly what you mean, Vivamus!

When my Uncle got married, and I was about 11, my mother and I were sitting in the pew, faces red, laughing.... there was this singer there, and she was singing this opera thingy, and I couldn't control it. Neither could my mother.... it was too funny.

Also, when my friend had a shotgun wedding, a witness, and got married within 24 hours. I had 2 hours notice that he was getting married! Well, he was SOBBING UNCONTROLLABLY, whilst his wife was standing there stone faced.... and this kid had a doll and it started to play "It's a small world after all"...

His wife's sister and I were peaking! It was the strangest wedding I ever saw, and I couldn't control myself.

I'll never forget that wedding.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LOL, Shamus, sounds like a memorable ceremony ...

Sens, you and me both...

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ok, I'm gonna ask...

Why BLUE bubblegum???

Why, Viv, why???

• Satanus
    Satanus
    our gayous mood

And i thought you were hetero. At least there was jiggling giggling

SS word gigolo giggler jugular juggler class

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

OMG my sis and i used to just about DIE during the written review !!! absolute worst, we never failed to burst out laughing if we even so much glanced at one another ;)

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LT, cuz the World Shall Tremble In The Wake Of The Blue Bubblegum, not in the wake of the red, yellow or white bubblegum ... but in The Wake Of The Blue Bubblegum

SS

LOL, Tink.

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Yes, sometimes when you feel that perhaps you 'shouldn't' laugh, the urge to laugh is multiplied manyfold.

A few years ago, I was at a small gathering of JW's, all of us about the same age. We were sitting around sipping some mixed drinks and watching an old rerun of 'Saturday Night Live' from the '70s. The show was just getting ready to do 'Weekend Update' and Don Pardo's did a voice-over: 'Weekend Update is brought to you by Pussy Whip-the delicious whipped topping for cats!'.

I gasped and laughed out loud, and couldn't stop for 15 or 20 minutes. Tears were running down my face as I staggered out of the room to lie down, and continued giggling uncontrollably. It was embarrassing, but every time I would think about that line, I would burst out laughing again.

People kept coming in so make sure I was alright, and I just kept laughing and laughing. I'm sure they thought I had completely lost it, and perhaps for a few minutes, I had.

Gaiagirl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit