They want to get rid of "anointed ones" - It's getting clear

by thedepressedsoul 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Guys it will all be clearly explained tonight:)

• Joliette
    Joliette
    Yes they do. The Jehovahs Witnesses get insulted and they dont even realize it. The watchtower insults them.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

Speaking in terms of rational practicality, the anointed number has increased because the overall JWS membership has also progressively increased

Is it? i'm not that convinced. The JW membership has grown over the decades, but this phenomenon of the increasing anointed is a fairly new thing. I think it's mostly because there is a new crop of younger JWs that are not only delusional, but also starving for attention and adulation.

I personally know 2 of these "newly anointed". One in his 40's, another in his 50s, and very odd people. One curious thing about these folks that are now claiming to be anointed, is that they seem to outcasts, or maybe people just distance themselves from them once they claim to be anointed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would appear that the WTS created this only anointed to partake because mankind is supposedly living in the last days and the WTS heads (GB) wanted to self signify themselves as god's select during these last days.

This doctrine looks like it came about by all appearances, not much thought and contemplation.

This only anointed was supposed be the original JWS such as J Rutherford and so forth.

I think the point is that most of Christendom has probably taken this 144,000 choosing by god correct in that all baptized ones should partake of the emblems every year and god is suppose to make the choosing himself out all that partake, not people individually.

Something else to bring into account of this number .......

The book of Revelation 7:1-8 states as follows “After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,from the tribe of Gad 12,000, from the tribe of Asher 12,000,from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000, from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,from the tribe of Levi 12,000,from the tribe of Issachar 12,000, from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

• Gayle
    Gayle
    But why do they even 'publish' the number partaking? What's their point to do that?
  • steve2
    steve2

The number 144,00 is mentioned in just one book of the Bible - and then in the highly symbolic book of Revelation. So they accept that many many numbers and things in Revelation are not literal but have declared the 144,000 as literal and final.

But from 2006 when there was under 9,000 (8,758) partakers worldwide to 2016 when there was over 15,000 (15,177), the number of partakers haas kept growing (compare that with 13,284 worldwide in 1960).

That's what happen when you paint yourself into a corner.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Maybe they will stop publishing that number? Maybe they will go to jail for their pedophile protecting ways? I sure hope so! BURN THE MOTHER DOWN! I wouldn't piss on Tony Morris or WTBTS Lawyers if they were on fire.

The WTBTS has a plan. Their latest Partaker bashing WT reveals it. I may write about it later. Basically the R&F should not judge, but Mother will. The GB helpers will be those who have "gradually" been called and who have made significant changes in their lives... They will be the ones who should not be judged...

I GUARAN-F***ING-TEE IT.

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So Revelation is full of SYMBOLIC numbers and items such as beasts, except when they are NOT SYMBOLIC but instead are LITERAL...

Hmmm....so who gets to decide what is SYMBOLIC and what is LITERAL.?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think it's mostly because there is a new crop of younger JWs that are not only delusional, but also starving for attention and adulation.

Thats a viable explanation as well, another connecting issue is that the age demographic for JWS has incrreased and I think there are now some old timers who gradually took it upon themselves to be the anointed.

Fun and games every where.

• kairos
    kairos

The only relevance the 'number of partakers' had is with the failed prophecy of "Millions now living Will Never Die". ( the generation of anointed that saw the sign in 1914 )

When the numbers were steadily decreasing it meant we were close to 'The End'©. yay!

That generation is meaningless now with the wonderful nu-lite of 'Overlapping Generations' and so are the 'anointed', meaningless.

This is part of the last phase of failed prophesy cover-up operations.

Ridiculous and sad.
    Many saw it coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit