Another conversation with my father

by joe134cd 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This is a conversation I had with my father when a short article on the Pope came up on TV.

Joe= You know I think this pope will do good things for the catholic church. He's trying to get greater financial transparency not only for his organisation but also for religious institutions in general. I mean the guy even chooses to drive around in a very modest car to save a dollar.

Father= True

Joe= I think this needs to happen. There are some organisations under the guise of religion that have billions of dollars worth of assets and yet have no transparency of where the money has gone or what it's been used for. I think in future if organisations are wanting to have tax breaks as a charity then they will have to prove that they are just that and are for the good of the community. I mean you look at scientology they are literally turning over billions of dollars don't have an ounce of transparency and nore do they do community work. In fact quit the opposite and I know in some countries scientology has had it tax free charitable status removed because it.

Father= oh well they are all going to be destroyed at Armageddon.

Joe= Yeah and it couldn't be sooner.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    It's sad, isn't it?
  • freemindfade
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    In Father's Mind: These types of things could never happen in the Cult.....errrrr.....Organization that I belong too! *DERP!*
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Charlie Brown= "Good grief!"

But seriously. We all saw the logic here. As I was reading your dialog I was thinking, that's the org for real. But your father with his JW glasses on saw nothing unfortunately. Keep trying.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And they use that scripture that says "Satan Blinds the minds of the Unbelievers"?

Hmmm...whose mind is blind?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit